1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Input on a Bid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by GK1, Feb 2, 2014.

1. GK1

GK1 Junior Member

In my first year plowing, working on second commercial bid. The parking lot is 3000 sq ft. very straight forward, pretty much a rectangle. bidding for plowing and salting. I figured $60 per push up to 8'', $90/ per push 9-12'' , $120/ per push 13-18'' , 19''+ $150 + $60/hr. Rock salt I figured avg. $30. Am I totally out of wack on this bid? Total job shouldnt take more than a half hour with me being new at this. I should also add that I am a legit business and have insurance.

The last bid I won was 70,000sq ft @$450 up to 12'' including spreading their salt in my hitch mount spreader. whole lot takes about two - two and a half hours.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Got a picture of the lot? Sounds simple but a picture helps us all to get an idea of it. Price sounds a little low to me but not terrible.
  3. GK1

GK1 Junior Member

Sorry, no picture, lots of places to put snow. Plowing the lot lengthwise would be approximately Eight swipes with my 8' plow. Thanks though, I appreciate the input anyway.