1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Input needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snow Rookie, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Snow Rookie

Snow Rookie Junior Member

Ok here it goes. This will be my first year plowing. I have employees but it looks like only one or two might be able to help me out. None of the 4 men that I have working for me this winter have 4 wheel drive. Another landscaper is wanting to go in on this service with me. He has know plow but has alot of interest from his customers. He also is forking out the money for the ice melt. Now what do you think on how we should do profit sharing? First and foremost I want to be fair to my self and to him.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Partnerships never work. No matter how you divide the money up, somone is going to feel like they are being screwed. If you try it good luck.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ditto... Been ther done that... One marriage is enough!... Set everything up yourself and designate a route for the other guy... get your company under additionally insured on his insurance cert and 1099 him at the end of the year.

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Great advise guys. Isn't that the very reason that we are reading all the posts and the following advise, to learn from others mistakes and hopefully not repeat them.

Then you have those that think that their situation is different and go against the advise and then suffer for it.

5. Snow Rookie

Snow Rookie Junior Member

I that these forums are for us newbies to ask questions and get advice from those that have been there and done that. You guys have brought up good points and I do need to think about this more and not jump into a partnership that is doomed to fail. Thank You

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

either do it on YOUR OWN....or dont do it