1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inoperable brake lights/ turn signals Superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mark Erpelding, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

I have a 1999 Ford Superduty the brake lights and turn signals quit working. It blew the fuze, when I replaced the fuze they still did not work. I found the problem to be a defective turn signal switch. I think the same switch is used on the entire ford truck line-up. It only took me about 30 minutes to replace the swicth. I Hope this imformation saves fellow plowers some time and $$$$$$.

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

We had a Super Duty wrecker at work today with the same problem. The multifunction switches are a bit troublesome.

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

you would think they would put the switch in an easy to reach location. of course they hide it in a protective box behind the heater control knobs.

4. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

The swicth that went bad on my truck I am talking about is mounted on the stearing column. All I had to do was take off the air bag & stearing wheel, lower the stearing column, do not take it out ! Remove plastic covers and relpace swicth. 30 minutes

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I think you could have did it without taking the wheel off.

6. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

You could be correct, However I had a new wheel to put on and It is a little tight to remove the covers. it only takes a couple of minutes to remove the air bag and wheel. It is nice to have the extra room when you remove the wires from the swicth. They can be a pain to get off of the swicth.