1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Innovative Ebay find...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grshppr, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

You might want to check out the "quality" picture for these "high visibility" items.
  3. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Looks like the extra long WESTERN guides that I have on my truck (note the Western reflective tape on top). I wish I had seen this sooner, then for 4.95 someone would have told me where to order them, and how to remove and replace 4 bolts to put them on in place of the old ones :rolleyes:
    Note to self... check ebay more often
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

For only $2.95 I'll send you my video of how to insert your key into the ignition switch--a MUST for successful snowplowing!!

($12.95 for shipping and handling by the way...)
  5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

:D LMAO!!!

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

why in his picture, does he have the marker taped to the headlight? that is ridiculous.
  7. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

LOL ignition Part 2, The Turn.

Digger, then you can sell Part 2, turning the Key! I have people at my day job that Might actually buy them if you did, so please do not market them in my area...:D
  8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Part 3 - Actually putting truck in gear

All yours for a mere $8.95payup
  9. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I can sell the companion tape with the "how to put the key in the ignition" instructional video... The perfect add on tape for the first time plower.... "How to open your car door right the first time"

And I will throw in the audio tape to bring to your car also.......

just call me at 1-800-AS-JUNK-SEEN-ON-TV in the next ten minutes to get the audio tape free.....
  10. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

What's even funnier is that the plow in the picture has one of the short guides with the flag (missing) on top. So, does he REALLY use them himself?? LOL. Maybe he installed the short guide to illustrate how much longer the guides are that he will instruct you on how to install.

11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Man, you E-Bayers find some real funny stuff! Keep em coming. Can now lower my sales to around $500.00 for a 7 hour shift, & can now figure out how to avoid those "burning eyes". Anybody ever experience that one? Not me & I've never heard any employees or fellow plowers complain about that problem. Hallucinating that there's still flakes a flyin', even though the sun's been out for 2 days, now that problem we've had LOL. Maybe those markers will help with that too.

BTW Chuck, I think he has both sets installed on the plow. I don't feel like spending the $4.95 to find out, but I think his concept is the second taller guide on each side is to mark where you should "bite". So when you have the plow angled, the tall marker should be lined up on the tape on the light, and the edge of the unplowed snow, for the perfect bite. Otherwise, he'd just be selling a part of the plow that comes with it when you buy it (replacable part), and that would constitute fraud. :confused:
  12. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

You guys seem to all be jumping on the bandwagon with the basic stuff here. I'm gonna have to jump ahead a few steps into the finer points....

The Fine Art of Snowplowing Training Series, #17.

Basic Ashtray Maintenance.

A full ashtray no longer means it's time to trade your truck in. Our helpful video will show you how to add YEARS to the functional life of your plowing vehicles. Learn the ashtray secrets of professional auto detailers, secrets practiced daily by used car and truck dealers. Few consumers realize that the rental car industry (multi-billion dollar companies like Hertz, Avis, and many more) practice the same techniques that you'll learn, to extend the useful life of their automobile fleets by a factor of hundreds of rentals for each car.

Call now to order--A $219.97 value, now yours for only $79.95

(First thousand customers to order get a free grain of Magic Salt to go with our video.)
  13. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

$19.95, for all new boot warmers.
    What you get: Instructions for inserting 5 grains of Magic salt into your boots to prevent snow accumulation.
    As a bonus you will receive 5 completely FREE at no extra cost gains of Magic salt.

$23.96, All new snow plowing manual. NO ONE CAN BE WITHOUT!
    Basic: How to insert key into ignition
    Advanced: How to put truck into gear
    Expert: How use the plow controller, "ex: the button at the forward most position when pressed will raise the blade on the front of your truck into the air." For a full complete decription of how to use the left, right and down position you MUST buy the manual.
  14. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I just have to figure out how to start selling this stuff .....
  15. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

BRL, I think you are right. I did notice the tape. How stupid. If you (not YOU) need a guide to let you know how much of a bite to take, then you need to trade in the plow for a shovel. Bad enough you have the lights in your line of sight, the last thing I would want is an extra pair of extra long guides with reflective tape on them.

After 30 hours in the truck you might mistake them for the ends of the plow and whack something!

Even after about 40 hours plowing (total) with a Ford Ranger with Sno Way controls mounted on the floor between the seats, I still kept reaching for the Meyer controls on the dash to the right of the shifter (of my GMC) out of instinct.

Much like getting into our "new" CAT backhoe and finding out quick that the controls were set up like a JD. Even knowing it, instinct takes over and you forget.

16. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

When I first looked at the EBay page I thought it was nothing more than an instructioal video on how to change the markers. After a reading BRL's and Chuck's posts and taking a second look I can see where there might be more to it than that. Not much more.....

(I still think there's a place in the industry for this particular series of training videos. Heck, if sales are good enough we might even help sponser PlowSite....)
  17. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

What a mommaluke that guy must be. :D From how its written, you dont even get anything for the $4.95 except instructions telling you how to make those rediculous things, and where to buy the parts and how to put them on. That is one of the stupidest things I think I ever saw. If you cant judge your plow, then you better do alot more practicing before you take off part of someones house or rip up a belgium block or rub up against a car. These people that come up with these weird things to sell on E-Bay must have alot of time on their hands and cant be playing with a full deck. Maybe Im wrong, maybe the people who actually buy this crap are the real mommalukes, LOL. So anyway, I ordered a copy and Ill let you guys know how I make out. :rolleyes: Mike
  18. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

:p You ordered it? How funny, I can not wait to hear about it. I could guess why you ordered it (if your serious), but could you imangine if someone did just out of belief... Wow, and I thought infomercials were a joke......
  19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

LOL. Noooooooo I didnt order it, lol. I may be crazy, but Im not that crazy! I was joking around! Hehe. :drinkup: Mike
  20. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Hey, I don't think I like you guys anymore. :mad: Because we have no snow and there is nothing else to do I thought this would be a great way to make some serious money, and you guys are ruining it and making fun of it:nono: . I guess its back to the drawing board for an even better idea. What about a white cane on a spring so that it taps the edge where the blade should be (out of white pine, saving you money since it requirs no painting). . . nope, wouldn't see it in a blizzard. C'mon someone help me here.