1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Innovations in Management

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by nicktw25, Jan 7, 2015.

1. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Has anyone done work for this company? I saw in their contract they pay NET45 and was curious if they really pay within that time frame. Any knowledge about this company is welcomed. I already searched on this site and most of the threads are 4-5 years old.

2. AllseasonsLS

AllseasonsLS Junior Member

My company has worked with IIM for about three seasons now. This year was the first for snow removal.previously and currently we also provide lawn services for about 35 properties. They are currently out sixty(BUSINESS DAYS) with us for services performed at the end of Oct 2014. You have to email them to get them to pay. I don't think payment would be naturally occurring without some form of harassment via emails.They will pay you but it is unbelievably slowwww.if you have to make payroll like I do it can be very difficult without the cash flow. If you can do well without them, then you'd be better off fishing in other ponds.

3. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Yeah we just came up on NET 45 two days ago, so I called their accounting office and they said a check will be in the mail the 23rd. So we will see If I get it early next week.

4. AllseasonsLS

Our experience is that whenever they give you an actual date then you will receive payment within 2 weeks past the date. However, I can't even get a date or even a reply to my email. Good luck!

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So NET 45 means NET 60?

6. AllseasonsLS

In three years of doing lawns for them, we have never received payment within 45 days from when invoices are sent in. BTW, invoices for lawns have to be mailed.no fax nor email. We send everything by 2day mail. It still takes 60 plus days to get paid. I would plan on 60-90 and budget for that.

7. Mark Oomkes

I would plan on telling them to KMA.

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Mail invoices only !!!!! Stupid. We have a new large customer this year that wil not accept emailed invoices, witch I find crazy. In today's times that how all invoicing should be

9. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

im not sure why people work for these guys, they been bad for years.

10. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

They are awful to deal with.

11. Mark Oomkes

That's why I said I would plan on telling them to KMA.

12. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

I work for a lot of the management companies that everyone hates on here:) I am very good at calling their ivr system and getting things signed which I think is the issue most of the time with people not getting paid. I really don't have issues with any of them except this one. We did 3 dollar general stores for thEm this winter. I emailed, mailed, and faxed every bill to them. They even called because they had some questions on some of the bills. 60 days goes by and I call to see where payment is... their response is we haven received any bills. Unbelievable. I sent them 2 more times and the claimed they didn't receive. I discontinued service on them and currently they owe 17k. I have heard every story in the book from this company. The last lady had the nerve to hang up on me. Supposedly they are paying an invoice today. This is by far the worst of the management companies. Do not work for them you will regret it.

13. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

As in where the sun does not shine ?

14. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Lawn boy... You are in good company.

15. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

Same with you to huh. I could go on and on about my experience with innovations. such a bad company.

16. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Have you seen a paycheck yet?

17. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

I have not.

18. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Sent you a PM.

19. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

Im reviewing a bid sheet for them right now, it sounds like i want to stay away from them. Did you guys ever get paid?

I work for SMS and Springwise. I usually wait for payment but i always get paid. I worked for Brickman doing lawns last year and they were good at paying.

20. AllseasonsLS

Try 60-80. Invoices are closed at the end of month, so if you plow on the first of the month add the remaining days to the net.They do pay and have never screwed us. Just slow. Painfully slow.