1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

injector replacement

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FordFisherman, Feb 17, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

95 f-350 7.3. Needs injectors. Anybody have this done and how much? Are they hard to replace?
  2. Bearcat

Bearcat Junior Member

WE had the same problem, but as soon as we started using feul conditioner we haven't had that problem any more. I'm not sure what it cost but it happen a couple of times.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try running some seafoam fuel system cleaner through it. Who came up with the idea you need injectors? It could be a pump, pressure regulator or some sensor that controls the system's bad..
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

5. dirtyedge

dirtyedge Junior Member
    from se WI

It takes longer to RR the hoses, pipes and covers than it does to replace the injectors. Do a search on the internet or a PSD forum to learn the procedure for starting the truck after injector replacement. You have to crank the engine for quite a while to get fluid through the injectors.

This is an important procedure that will help prevent hydrolocking the motor. Other than that it is fairly simple. I think the last replacement took my friend and I 2hrs.
  6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

You mind as well do the glow plugs as well. Right there. Under valve cover harnesses, etc. You mind as well take care of it when you have the valve covers off.

Check out www.ford-trucks.com
  7. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

First and foremost why or who said you need injectors?
    Powerstrokenation is a very well versed site for Ford diesel info. Thedieselstop was great at one time but most of the old timers (knowledgeable) people left and went to PSnation. Ford-trucks.com is full of a lot of misinformation that gets quoted as gospel. At Ford-trucks more or less if Ford doesn't say it is so then it must be wrong or a lie.
    Diesel Innovations (DI), and Swamps both have good tutorials on injector r/r, you just got to look on their site to find them. I personally like Swamps tutorial better. From personal experience I can't recommend Swamps injectors, high pressure oil pumps, or say anything nice about his after sale service. Beans diesel is a good shop as are DI, Dieselsite, Wide Open Perf., Brian's Truck shop, Black Widow. I personally run DI mini-me injectors and complete fuel system but I am not happy with the fuel system.
    To remove and replace injectors isn't a real hard job to do as long as you have the right tools, it's just time consuming. I agree do the GP, UVC wiring harness, and clip wedges while you are in there.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008