1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Injector replacement time on LB7 Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by musclecarboy, Jan 6, 2011.

1. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys,

I know it varies between dealers, but how long does it typically take to get the injectors done? I've heard 3-4 business days, how accurate is this? I want to get it done before the warranty runs out!
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

1 day in and out on my truck... they only did 4 but there were 2 on each side... so it was more less the same amount of work...
  3. musclecarboy

Did you take it in to get scanned/diagnosed then come back when parts were in? Or was it all ready to go?
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

When mine went out, I was lucky to make it 1 mile down the road to the service garage. If they're really out, I don't think you'd really want to drive it. And it took most of a week for mine, but I didn't take it to a dealership.
  5. musclecarboy

Holy ***** my warranty is up Jan 9/2011. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow.
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

just a fyi quit haullin salt and haul some A$$ to the dealer. :waving:

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I just had mine done and the dealer had it 1 day. In and out.
  8. musclecarboy

under warranty? all 8?

PLOWINHD Member

I don't know how yours are failing but my truck wouldn't create a condition that was "bad enough" to warrant a replacement at the dealer, ended up costing me 4700 clams, not the best year for that truck, lol.