1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

injector codes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by grizz_chaser, Jan 3, 2004.

1. grizz_chaser

grizz_chaser Junior Member

I recently have done some fuel tank mods to my 2001 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke and I didn't install a pre-pump fuel filter. I had gotten a lot of dirt in the fuel system and have cleaned from the OEM fuel filter back to and including the fuel tank. I am now receiving the codes P1272 ( high to low side open cylinder #2 ) and P1316 ( injector circuit / IDM codes detected ). My questions are, what exactly does the high to low side open mean? Could the dirt in the fuel line have caused this? Will Ford be able to tell I've done these mods without dropping the tank and thereby canceling my warranty? Any and all comments will be appreciated since I'm not sure if I should take the pick-up to Ford for the repairs or take it to an independent mechanic and pay for the repairs. Thanks again.
  2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

As far as the codes I will flat out tell you I don't know. On the fuel tank mods I have heard of dealers canceling warranties because of this exact thing. It seems to depend on the Dealer. Go to "thedieselstop.com" and ask about the codes in the superduty forum and you should get a response as to what causes your particular ones.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try disconnecting the batteries for an hour and see if that clears the memory. You may of fixed problem but it lives on in the computer memory( why they don't know). Some need so many start / stop cycles to clear after repair/ exception report. Or just need you to go in and have it scanned for service dept to tell you that same thing.