1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Initial/Annual LLC cost.......

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by southsideone, Nov 2, 2006.

1. southsideone

southsideone Member

what was your intitial and annual cost for operating a LLC? just looking for any inside info anyone has to offer.

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I think I paid 750 or close to that for an attorny to handle paperwork, probably paid too much, but it's done right...

Annual costs will vary by state I bet, here in MI, it's something like 20 or 40 per year to the state for who knows what. Also your accounting bill will probably increase due to the LLC or INC is a seperate entity and files it's own return. Use Quickbooks or some other accounting software and it'll help with the accounting bill.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Minnesota Secretary Of State

Articles Of Organization For
    A Limited Liability Company

Minnesota Statutes Chapter 322b

Filing Fee $135.00

It was a very simple form to use and understand if you are in MN you will not need a lawyer to fill out the form.

If you know your name, name of your business and address.you can do it your self..
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

$30 to register LLC in connecticut
  5. southsideone

southsideone Member

thx all, thought this post was long dead. ill see how this season w/ the snow goes, and then hopefully i can get some of those clients to sign on w/ mowing/landscaping etc. so if all goes good, then ill definitely pursue a LLC. thx again
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

$100 the first time, $10 a year after that.

It takes about 10 minutes to fill it out.
    I can't believe some of the states need lawyers. One of my friends has like 4 LLC's (don't ask, I don't know) and he used a lawyer to set them all up. And one day he asked me "who is your lawyer to set these up?"

Ummm, took me 10 minutes
    Boy was he pissed, the lawyer had charged him $1500 to do it.

seriously, most states want to help small businesses set up. (and then kill them with loads of unnessary regulations), but set up is easy.
  7. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

My accountant Charged me $175.00 to file the paperwork for me and set it up.

8. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Less than $300. Set up by my attorney. THis was filing fees and attorney fees.
  9. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Around $750 through a lawyer here too. Wanted to be an S corp, but he purseuded me otherwise. New accountant got it change to S corp for $600.