1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Information on logistics

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Garrett1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Garrett1

Garrett1 Junior Member

Hello, I'm a self employed mechanic looking to supplement my income this winter. I just picked up a 7.5 Meyers poly plow for my F150 4x4 manual with 4.9L.

I'm wondering where I can find information on logistics like where to push the snow and why, how far back to make piles to account for future snow, how to plow in business lots with curbs... I would like to study up a bit and try to be prepared. Any advice is appreciated.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have at least 1 million in general liability insurance yet?

Push snow away from the building, push it back as far as you can, stack it as high as you can. Regarding curbs, don't hit them very hard.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

the search function is your best friend. plenty of good reading and information on this site. what cold and tired said is great advice. That truck is going to take a beating so take it easy