1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Information On A SnowEx Tailgate Mount Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PLMaint., Oct 23, 2005.

1. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

Can anyone tell me if this is a decent spreader for the money about 1100.00
    Doing small commercial & residential. SnowEx Pro 575 I believe the capacity is 400lbs. Thank You.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Snow ex makes a good spreader, didnt find any more problems with them than westerns/fishers spreaders. Just dont get the little one that uses a cable to open the gate on the spreader.

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The SnowEx 575 is an excellent little spreader, and will give you years of service with minimal maintance.
    :rolleyes: John...

4. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I have had mine for 3 seasons and have no problems. Only thing I did was to weld on beefier angle iron on the frame closest to the bumber.

5. slicksilverado0

slicksilverado0 Junior Member
    from CA

I just bought a 575 and cant wait to use it. what part did you weld the bumper or the spreader? and can you post a pic?

Mark

6. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I have not had any luck posting pictures. I welded angle iron to the square tubes closest to the back of the unit to help with it flexing away from the truck. I used to run straps to the corners of my bumpers to keep it from shacking but I find that I can wiggle the truck side to side to shake the salt to the bottom.

7. slicksilverado0

slicksilverado0 Junior Member
    from CA

I might do that but first I want to see how bad it shakes when full of salt... I did notice it wobbled back and forth on bumps...so I might just strap it.... thanks for the tip.

mark

8. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I think thats a good deal for that spreader. I just bought a 575 today and got a deal on it. I paid $1050+tax.

9. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Anyone know who carries these in the Cleveland/Akron area?

10. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Didn't see any replies on my question. But I found one at Fallsway Equipment, Akron 330 633 6000. They had with the hitch mount for $1139.

11. JJ's Services

JJ's Services Junior Member

I have one for sale used it once last year about 300 lbs of bagged salt through it stored inside this summer. $800.00