1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

info required on snowex spreader wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pfisher, Jan 5, 2005.

1. pfisher

pfisher Junior Member

I just finisher mounting and wiring my Snowex 1075 salt spreader, (and it doesnt work), I am not sure of the wiring. Does anyone know what the small single plug on the back of the D6230 controler gets hooked to, if anything. I have checked all 4 main wires from batery to controller to spreader and all work. I have direct tested the motor on the spreader and it too works. I am greatful for any help.

2. empire

empire Member

help

spell check? :mad:

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

We all post with spelling errors from time to time.
    pfisher is new and only has 2 posts.
    I'm thinking maybe we could cut the guy some slack.

Hey pfisher sounds like you are on the right track.
    Does the controller appear to be working?
    Is that the digital one with the numbers on the display?
    It should give you an error code in the display.

Do you have a schematic for that setup, or is there a web site with install info?
    I'd be glad to help, but I need a little more info on it first.

4. pfisher

pfisher Junior Member

Thanks Mebes, The controller is the type with the digital display, the power light comes on, but the display does not. So there is no error code. If I take the 4 wire harness out of the controller and jump the 2 positive wires together and the 2 negative wires together the salter does work.

I don’t have a wiring diagram as I purchased the unit used. I could not find one online either. If you know where the info might be found, that would be great.

Thanks for the defense, I will try to get my stupid keyboard from spelling the wrong words again.

5. norrod

norrod Senior Member

You should have 2 power wires going into the controller.

One is a heavy gauge wire that comes direct from the battery, to the controller, and then from the controller to the spreader.

The other power wire is from your switched (ignition) feed, a smaller gauge wire. The power indicator on the controller is probably fed from the main line in from the battery, and will lightup without the other power from the switched source.

Mind you I do not have that controller, but I would wager that the small single plug on the back is for your switched power source.

hth.

6. pfisher

pfisher Junior Member

Thank you all for the replies. I did finally get the right answer. The small wire is for a feed from the ignition. I got thru to the folks at snowex and they have told me that if the power light comes on, and there is feed to the small terminal on the controller and the display does not light up, the controller is shot. So I am off to get a new controller. Thanks for the help