1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info on wildcat 8600 snowblower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by unimakpass, Nov 19, 2015.

1. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Anyone familiar with Wildcat 8600 snowblower. This is a older model with low hours. 8' wide. How does this style com pair to auger type.
    Thanks

Trying to load photos.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

My airport snowblower is similar to that 8600. Accept mine has paddle assist. Blows snow well.

3. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Thanks. Trying to load pictures. Think I can get it here in Alaska for 5,000 if I pick up a New Holland tv140.

4. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Older but low use.

image.jpg

5. Lone Wolf Ent

Lone Wolf Ent Junior Member

They have been around a long time. Will blow most anything if you have hp to run it. If you have traction, you can blow frozen piles without breaking them up first. Probably want at least 150 hp minimum on it. Very durable unit. Originally built in S Dakota.

6. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Interesting they take more hp than the average blower. Tv140 is 140 hp and 100 at pt. Appreciate the info. Thanks.

7. Lone Wolf Ent

Your TV140 is a hydrostat correct? That helps a bunch, but those twin fans capacity will take hp.

8. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Yes, the tv140 is hydrostat. Not mine yet. Can't seem to drum up much info on the tractor.

9. Lone Wolf Ent

10. unimakpass

unimakpass Junior Member

Thanks. Mainly looking for long term durability issues.