1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

info on under hood install

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Canadian noob, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Canadian noob

Canadian noob Junior Member
    from Canada

Hey guys i`m new here and i want to know what ya think , i have a 2006 gmc 1500 and i recently picked up a 7 ft old fisher plow it cam with a under hood set up now. what i want to know is would i be able to use the under hood set up i have looked it over and the obvious is that there is not a whole lot of room under the hood . i believe i can get my fluide resovoir to fit on the pass side on top os shock mount so thats not a prob its to put my pump . where the issue arose . what would be the best way to set this up any ideas i was thinking of if i took off my A/C pump and used the belt and place there . Any ways i`m new to this and i would like to use what i have so any help would be great thanx

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

There was a post the other day with someone who had a problem with a set up like yours but they had located it behind the seat inside the truck. Other than the noise factor, I like the idea of having it there. The only thing you would have to do is extend the hydraulic hoses and electrical wires to reach where you want to put it.

3. Canadian noob

from Canada

the prob i am having is that my pump is a belt driven pump the placement is what is getting to me

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Sorry, apparently I need to read the entire post. I should have been able to figure that out.
    Two things, first that plow sounds really old. I suspect that without fab-ing up a new mount for the pump, it wont work on a truck that new. Second, even if you can make it work, you will want to get some pro wings on it just so you can cover the width of the truck. 7' is just not wide enough. You will find yourself doing a lot of work to make this plow work on your truck. I hope you got a real good deal on it. I'm not sure but I dont believe that there are any manufactures who use that system today. Most everything is electric over hydraulic. Good luck, Dave

5. Canadian noob

from Canada

yeah it was a good deal paid 350$ for the whole kit, yes it is an old plow andi have to do some mods to install the plow mounts but thats not a prob due tot he fact i have a welder and know how to use it was just wondering if anyone has took this adventure b-4 . thanx i might just say screw it and just slap a elctric winch on it for now just to do my drive way anyways

6. Canadian noob

from Canada

after looking again nder the hood my two options look to be so . either add an aditional pully to the crank or power steering pump PS pump would be easyer but i do not know if it would take well to the added stress