1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info. on "TrueNorth"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Deershack, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I answered a local ad for snow subcontractors and received a solicition from TrueNorth out of St.Louis. Has anyone had any dealings with them or have any info on them? Their letter says they do highend commercial accounts and pay every 15 days, Before I go any further with them, I would like to find out the record and/or reputation in the industry.

2. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

They want the cheapest subs they can find. They also will have a handful of others for the same properties they promised you. Stay away if you can.

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Deershack, what part of town are you. We did a couple of salt routes for them a couple years back and got paid ina timely manner. I do know that they tend to use newbies and do not pay great for plow routes, but we did alright on salt. Could be worse regional/national companies to work for.

4. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

I'm on the E side of St.Paul. Got a call Tue night asking me to go to a meeting tonight in Bloomington. Had other plans so I couldn't make it. Will see if they have another one. So far all I have received is a letter from St.Louis instead of the "packet" of info they promised.

5. hunting white

hunting white Junior Member

The 15 days will be changed to 15 business days,

Then changed to 15 Working days. Office staff in KC tends only work 2 days a week.
    Then change to when they get paid. ....

I waited until well into August to get my last money. They lost both account managers and a operations manager during the season.

Make sure you ask for properties. They keep saying class A properties. However last year they had All the SA's in town.

I hear they lost that account though.

I know very few subs who have stayed with them all three years they are in the market. Kind of why they need soooooo many new subs each year.
    They are recruiting out of St. Louis this year.

Would you have a local contact to talk to.

I have enough work this year so will never work for them again.

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

lost SA? They only had it for one year then... wonder who got (stuck with) it?

7. hunting white

hunting white Junior Member

actually 2 years

Heard it was the grass chaser who got it

8. big acres

big acres Senior Member

OV then... they can have it. Hopefully, they got recertified on their chem before they apped them this year. I watched a store being plowed last year. The manager was outside directing the poor SOB on each pass he made. cheap, cheap, cheap.