1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info on star light products

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blazer_kid, Oct 6, 2012.

1. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

I found some strobe lights on craigs list and from what i can see it looks like a good deal. Looking online they look like they go for around $230 new. I called the guy and he said he would prove to me they work all I'm getting is the 2 beacons and the flasher box. I was woundering how bright these light are what quality they are ect ect. Any and all help ideas and sugestions are appriciated.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/3319270926.html

2. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

Any help please I'm hopping to go look at it in a couple hours and would like to know if its a good deal or what to look for. Thanks guys

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

post deleted by author.

the star boxes are good, i use them in all my rigs. i use the 90 watt boxes. the higher the wattage the brighter the lights will be.

4. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

Thank you its most likely deleted because i bought them. Everything works good and they are really bright. Just have to make one wireing harness from the box to the light and a way to mount the lights but i still feel like i got a good deal on them. I paid $70 for two lights and the controle box.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

at $70 you really can't go wrong if it works.
    you can pick up extra tubes for around $25 each. stick with whealen or fedral tubes, the cheap china tubes are just that, cheap china junk.
    i usually buy from strobes-n-more http://www.strobesnmore.com/Replacement-Bulbs.html
    but there are a lot of other places out there to order from on line.

6. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

Thanks for the heads up