1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

info on newholland skidsteers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by lawnboy2121, Oct 18, 2011.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

I am loking at buying a new holland 225 skidsteer 2 speed any info on them would be helpful. I am replacing a johndeere 8875

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

since it's a new machine and my dealer says they aren't selling anything right now i don't know anyone with one but they sure are sweet. Have you sat in or run one yet? i'm biased but i still can't imagine a better machine out there
    Steve

3. lawnboy2121

I ran a 220 and it was great unreal visibility out of it nice cab very quiet

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We have a New Holand dealer close to us and they had one at least a new style there. Didn't get to sit in it and there was no salesman around. It looked really sweet. Next year hopefully getting a new one.

5. lawnboy2121

JUST WONDERING IF ANY PROBLEMS ARE SHOWING UP . mY 8875 IS A NEWHOLLAND AND THAT MACHINE HAS BEEN ROCK SOLID

6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

pm me if you want to sell your deere.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I personally dont care for them, I think the cabs are loud and cold in the winter. They do push more snow than my white ones when compared side to side though.

8. xtreem3d

a few of my older ones (the LX series) are louder because they don't have the acoustic package (maybe that's standard on bobcat) but none of them are even remotely cold. since you own bobcat did you recieve the DVD on the real world comparison tests to some other machines? i found it interesting that New Holland wasn't put up against bobcat in any of the tests. I emailed them about it but never got a response
    Steve

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Aren't the new New Hollands and the new Case machines the same design now?

10. lawnboy2121

I am keeping my deere good backup runs great owes me nothing. In 0 degrees weather i have to open the window because it gets too hot in the cab . No problems with the heat. It pushes snow great with the 2 speed . owned it sinse it was new and only hoses and one bearing went. total parts in 15 years of running around $1000.00.

11. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

I bought a New Holland L185 last december brand new. We used it for the snow and it worked wonderfully. Now, I wish i would have bought a Cat. After 4 months the cab enclosure door hinge broke. Not covered under warranty!!! Manufacturer or dealer never greased pins prior to delivery and rusted. Can't buy just a hinge. You need to buy the whole door. $1200.00 repair. I filed a complaint with New Holland Corporate, they told me i am S.O.L. They did not give me a reason, they said "the case was reviewed and that no assistance would be given." When i asked why again, they could not give me a reason.

We have also had an issue with the 2 speed. If you have a load on the machine and turn, the machine bogs done. This is recent. Took it in for service and they said that is normal. It was not like this when we first got it.

I am so disappointed with New Holland. I have a Lx885 and is a tank. Great machine. I am sorry to say, if this is how New Holland is going to treat a customer who just spend $40 grand, then you may want to look at caterpillar.

12. xtreem3d

Can you just fab a couple new hinges for the door?