1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info on new ram trucks please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy2121, Feb 25, 2015.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

I am looking at buying a new ram 3500 Laramie pickup single rear wheel . I was looking for any real world info on them good or bad . It's a crew cab with a 6.4 gas motor . I plan on putting a 9.5 fisher v on it thanks

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Should be a good truck, no dpf crap to remove.

3. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

I have almost 19,000 miles on my 14 2500 with a 6.4. I have no major complaints with it. I wish that motor was in my 3500 drw crew cab dump.

I've pulled a 7k lb excavator and 6 yards of topsoil with no problems.

Factory tires suck! @ 15k miles i switched to Cooper M+S… so much better in the snow!

4. lawnboy2121

How r the trannies in the rams r they fairly tough and how r the front ends will they hold up to a 9.5 fisher plow on it

5. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Just picked up a 2015 3500 mason dump with the 6.4. so cant really give any reviews but the new rams have the 6spd Aisin trans which is SUPPOSED to be comparable to the Allison. i have a 2012 2500 5.7 that i absolutely love and do lots of plowing with. get ready for a hefty price tag on that truck though.

6. lawnboy2121

The aisin trannie is only with the cummins in pickups I think

7. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Nope, also offered for the hemis.

8. lawnboy2121

Only on the daully not in the single rear wheel that's what I was told

9. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Lifetime Warranties?

10. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

I have a 13 5500 dump. Cummins of course. I'm a die hard duramax guy but this cummins will pull all 3 of my gm's to the scrap yard. My next truck will absolutely be a 3500 srw cummins. Love the new ram's.

11. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

I have a 2014 3500 HD 4x4 T-tag dump with the 6.4 Hemi and the Aisin tranny. The rig is quite the beast, plenty of power, tows terrific, nothing but good comments so far. Personally I think the 6.4 is a big improvement over the 5.7, but time will tell. You won't be disappointed....

12. lawnboy2121

Thanks for all the info. I never owned a dodge or as they call them selves ram before always a ford guys but I been looking at the new trucks and I like the ram looks better than ford and the interiors seem a lot nicer but that's my opinion. I am just a little gun shy pulling the trigger on buying a ram over a ford

13. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I've got just over 19k on my 3500 srw 6.4 with 3:73's. Only issue is the crappy stock tires. pulled mowers to my 38' 11k camper. Great truck. I've got a 8.5 Hiniker V on the front of mine. Mite squat 1 1/2-2 inches. Timbern's would help, and I will be adding some.
    BTW, the Asin is available for the 6.4 in the chassis cab only.

14. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

It will be my next truck I purchase, but I will only get it in the Work Truck or SLT model, no need for the fancy crap to get dirty.
    Ram 3500 Reg Cab, 8' bed, 4x4, power entry, W/T or SLT, 6.4 HEMI. Anything else is just for a personal preference.

Michael

15. outdoorimagesct

outdoorimagesct Junior Member

Hi
    We have a 2014 5500 cummins , 2012 3500 cummins and a 2012 hemi 5.7. Love them all. The best trucks I have owned so far. I've had Chevys and fords. Chevys can't take the abuse we put on them and fords have a sticker price of about 10k-15k higher than the dodges. Love the cummins. I'll be buying another soon.

16. awhip

awhip Member

I was hesitant on the ram, but i got a 14 2500 6.4 crew cab. Love the truck plows great tows great but wish i had gone 3500. Also wish i had 4.10 only trucks i saw had 3.73. I put a leveling kit in it sits 2" taller doesn't look like it's squatting so bad with the plow. Also wish you could turn stability control off but i guess that's how all the new trucks are.

17. lawnboy2121

Thanks I think I am going to pull the trigger and order one . I have not heard any major issues with the new ones any different than ford I think it's time for a change 27 yrs with ford pickups

18. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Don't do it. Go order a powerstroke. The Ram transfer cases are made of tin foil.

19. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I saw a 2500 Hemi today and noticed the rear end is now a link system and not leaf springs. Interesting.

20. lawnboy2121

Y r the transfer cases made of tin foil? I would never buy a power stroke have not seen a good one since the 7.3