1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

info on E47 to E57 / 58 motor and pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ta3834bbl, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I searched for this but only found limited info so far, so I figured I'd start a new thread for my question. I did find a very old thread but figured most wouldn't read it . Here's my question that I posted on that thread.

Ok, I know this is an old thread but how much better was the conversion to the e57 pump and motor than the 47 without the upgrade to the block ? I just toasted my motor on my 47 again ( about every two years the armature windings burn up ) and I'm looking to upgrade cheaply. I quit plowing commercially so I only do friends and family type jobs. I have a C8 and it is slow as snot even with a new motor, fluid, etc. How much can the pump be bought for and who from ? Motors can be gotten from everywhere but I never see the pumps listed anywhere. Thanks a bunch. And of course, we are looking at up to 10 inches of snow in the next few days and my motor died last night...... xysport

2. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Even with leaving the P/A block the same, you will notice a nice increase in speed with the 57/58 motor and pump. Any of the big online retailers have them.. I order my parts from smithbrothersplowparts online. P.s. I have E-60's with 15 year old motors still working fine!!

3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Huge upgrade in performance.

Get the pump online. Off ebay. All the same quality.

You will have to ditch the studs in favor of 3 5/16-18 x 1.75" long allen head bolts. Stainless preferred of course. I find that the studs for the conversion suck as the upper one on the side with two studs is all but impossible to get a socket or wrench on.