1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info on cat-back duals for 6.0

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I cant seem to find anyone who makes a dual exhaust for my truck. I want a nice cat-back system for it. It has the 6.0 but I only see ones for the 5.3. Any suggestions?

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Any local exhaust shop can fab one up for you for cheaper than any of the kits. What are you looking to do? Go louder? I suggest the Flowmaster 40. I love that muffler and it would sound great with the 6.0.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Yes I am looking louder and actually more gas mileage. Whenever I have put duals on my other trucks, it increased the mileage a little and a little more kick in the pants. I have used flowmaster and they sound awesome

4. GA73

GA73 Member

mine came with flowmasters

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

:nod: Magnaflow.

6. truck5029

truck5029 Member

duels

the flow-masters an duals will sound good but your not going to see much in gas mileage increase thats the nature of the beast

7. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

On my O6 with the 6.0, I have duals into the muffler and then dual into single 3" out the rear stock. If you had the same set up, I would just have a dual in dual out flowmaster in place of the stock muffler. The piping that is there is more than big enough. I am not sure what came on the 2000 model.

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Mine has the dual 3 inch in and the single out. I have not been able to find a dual in dual out flowmaster. As for the gas mileage, my 94 GMC 2500 with the 5.7 V8, I put a cat-back flowmaster exhaust on it and I would say I got a 6-10% increase in mileage.

9. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

If I were you, I'd find a reputable local muffler shop that will fabricate it for you. Ask them if you can use mufflers that you already have. Then, buy a pair of Flowmaster 40's on eBay for dirt cheap, and bring them to the shop (with a pair of chrome tips) and have him install it all. I think you will be more satisfied with this result as opposed to a crappy kit, and chances are, you'll save around 25% as well.