1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info. on back blade scraper bar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by HGT INC., Jan 27, 2010.

1. HGT INC.

HGT INC. Senior Member
    from MI.

I 'm in the process of setting up scraper blades on the side of a back blade. I need to come up with some idea to help the blade ride over any rises in concrete that will catch the blade. I thought of cutting a radius in the steel and I also thought of cutting the steel straight across about 3'' off the ground and then attaching some sort of heavy duty rubber or polycarbonate material to the bottom. The back scraper blade will rest flat on the ground. The rubber or polycarbonate material will cushion the impact. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Mine has a radius on the sides. I hooked it on a sidewalk a while back and it went right up and over it. I was going slow enough, otherwise I'm sure I would of had more problems.