1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info Needed On SnowEx 1075

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mjmstaff, Jan 23, 2004.

1. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

What is a fair price for a SnowEx 1075 Hitch Mount? This would be a 1 year old used system with Cab Controls. I have a guy selling one to me and wants me to make a offer.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Mjm I just paid 1600.00 installed monday down here in Waterford.I saw one on ebay today in Fenton new this fall,wants to start bidding at 500.00. If you can get it for a grand I would jump on it.So far I really like my 1075.

Regards Mike

3. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

That was the one I was looking at. I picked it up for $900.00. He was a great guy to deal with. Plan on mounting it on my truck Monday. Thanks for the advise. :drinkup:

4. flykelley

Mike You got a great deal,I wish it would have been on ebay early this week,could have saved me some bucks.

Regards Mike

5. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

1075 sells for 1300.00 uninstalled w/pivot mount.

I newer units have grease fittings on the pivot bar.

The newer hoppers are ribbed on the back above the v part of the hopper.

I buddy paid 500.00 for an older unit with the push button speed controller and plastic spinner and swing mount. He hates the controller because every time you turn it on its at half speed and you have to hold the up arrow to increase the speed to max.

If you're going to spread bulk you will need a vibrator.

6. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Hey FlyKelly,

What do you get for salt Prices? Lowe's has 50 Pound bags for $2.97.

7. flykelley

Im paying 2.98 a bag at Home Depot or Lowes. I buy it by the pallet but the price is the same if you buy 1 or 48.

Regards Mike

P.S. What part of Flint are you from?Thats my hometown,grew up in Mott Park area just north of McLaren.

8. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Sorry about that. I met what do you charge your customers for a 50 pound bag. I have been told to charge anywhere from $18.00 per 50 pounds to .15 per pound. I was just wondering what the going rate was in this area.

I am located on the south side of Flint. Atherton and VanSlyke area.

9. flykelley

MJM
    I am getting 13.50 for every 50 # bag I spread.I am trying to get more customers to go with the salt,but of course they do not like the price. Salt is cheaper than being sued I tell them. I do a small church in Pontaic,I salted tham for free today so they can see how the salt will do the job. Hopefull it will have a impact.
    Next year I will try to bid jobs close to home that used salt this year. I'm keeping a log of those jobs that I want to bid this summer. That way they will not be in shock when they hear the price.
    This is a good one,today I get a phone call for a gas station in our area wants a price on plow and salting.I ask the guy if he ever paid for salt,yes he says plow and salt 20.00 cash.Well guess what I told him,I will not even start my truck for 20.00 and he is lying becase you cant even pay for gas and salt with a 20.00. Told him so long.

Regards Mike

10. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Ya, we should try to get together sometime for coffee. Meet somewhere in between so it's not a big drive. Matter of fact get a few of the Michigan Plower together. I was thinking if we found a good rate on salt we could all go in on it so we could save even more. Does your speader have a pivit or is that a option. If so, what did it run. I have mine sitting in the back of my truck so I really don't know what I have. I would like to still use my gate without removing the spreader all the time.

11. flykelley

Mike We should get I still have family in Flint so I get up there once and awhile.My spreader is a hitch mount,didn't want to drill any holes in the nes truck,kind of a pain in the ass to get into the back to load salt. I was also thinking we should try and get some kind of a Michigan get together withall the Mi plow jockeys.

Later Mike

12. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

Now that I think about it that is what mine is (hitch mount). I will PM you with my cell #. If you ever get up this way drop me a line. I will post a new Thread asking if any other Mi Jockeys would like to get together. We could post new idea's we come up with and more. If you get a chance look for the other post and apply so others know I am not the only one. If we met down by you we might get a couple of noethern Ohio guy to stop by.:drinkup:

13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Mike, I'm doing about $15 per 80# bag. This stuff of wrestling 80# bags in the middle of the night is for the birds, though. I'm trying a few different things. I bought a few large Rubbermaid tibs w/lids to put in the back of the truck. The idea was, to just be able to get a quantity and fill the tubs, and just shovel it into the hopper. I just filled two hoppers tonight (just with bags, this time)to try out. As I'm thinking about it, the 50# bags are looking better and better all the time. I'm thinking this might be the route to go. I would have to have about 5 of those containers to hold a yard (which only costs $45 per yard).