1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info Needed - Migrating from Chevy to Ram

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by scottL, Mar 8, 2015.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I am planning on migrating my Ultra MVP from a 2007 Chevy ( 2 plug, 3 port ) to a 2014 Ram.

Any parts masters out there can help me identify the parts I need to order?

Any issues or gotcha's to keep in mind?

Thanks!

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You will need a new truck side mount and a headlight harness. Everything else will migrate. Go to Westrnplows. Com and select "quick match ". Answer the questions and then at the end record the numbers for the mount and headlight harness. Call your dealer and give him about $600, then it's just a matter of mechanical aptitude and foul language. Be sure to consider both the course and fine configuration adjustments. It's important on a V to prevent the cutting edges from wearing round.

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks! Thumbs Up

I hadn't seen the quick match, that worked well. I just have to figure out the headlight type. I a, picking the truck up this week. The cursing part is right on :D

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Have a look at the exterior glass of the headlight, look for HB5, H13 or some number like that. Most headlights have the bulb type cast into the glass. Quick Match would have listed the possibilities, sometimes they already know what bulbs it has and it won't give you any options but if there are two or more options just look on the headlight glass for one of those number and Bob's your uncle..... done.