1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

info needed from blizz owners

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by chevyshovelin, Oct 18, 2005.

1. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

I went to my local dealer to see the model 800 in action,i thought the hookup was lousy,dealer lifted plow then says look how easy the pins slide in.oops tis guy could not get the 2 pins in,he proceeded to drop then lift the blizz 6 times before pins would slide in?is this a common problem? i felt bad for the guy but attleast i got to see it fail? and also at the end of his display he mentioned that the plow didnt stack snow like a chain hung plow,fisher can free ride up a bank when stacking ok.but the blizz wont ride up unless im lifting the blade with joystick? has anyone found this to be a problem when stacking? i like the plow but need some reassurance thanks,05 f250

2. phishoook

phishoook Member

I was woundering about stacking too.

3. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I don't know, I owned a Fisher last year. And my dad has a Boss. Mine was chain and his was hydrolic lift, much like the blizzard and he was able to stack snow much better than I was.

4. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I just got a blizzard. I have had no problems with hooking it up.It is a piece of cake to hook up and take off. Pins always slide in easy. The best plow mounting system I have ever used .

5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

That person did not know how to operate the plow. The Blizzards stack just like a bulldozer with no chain slap. Blizzards go on very easy and fast when you do it correctly. The plow will float up the bank with out using the joystick.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

No problems here, I think your dealer is just a moron..:rolleyes:

7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I agree. Easy on easy off. Never had a problem stacking easier. I am in control of it the whole way up the stack.:cool:

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I think that it was the dealers first day. Blizzard plows are one of the easiest plows to hitch up. Blizzard has pretty much taken the "idiot" factor out of hitching up the plow. The stack just like any other plow, just in not so much a 9 foot pile like some mention.

Buy a Blizzard. Get wide !!!!

Pesonal 2 pennies.

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Get the blizzard. Trust all of us. You will be very very happy to get wide.

10. Got Diesel?

Got Diesel? Junior Member

Nailed It!! Have had the 810 for 3 years now (6 trucks and 3 skidders)and have to say they are one of the best mounting system out there. I think it would be safe to say that the demenstrator of the plow might have been a little over zelous on the abillity of the powerhitch (if the truck is in the back yard it DOES have a hard time if the plow is in the front yard lol) I will asure you that this is not typical of the system.

And on stackin snow, it will only stack as high as your Truck will push

Happy motoring:waving:

11. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

The Blizzard will NOT stack the snow like a western or boss or such. Blizzard has a good theory behind the extended wing. but with the pump and motor mounted down front it hits the light tower if you stack too high, thus causing the pump bracket to loosen itself from the aluminum housing and then the threaded holes are worn and you get screwed.

I owned 2 of them and went back to Boss. I hope Curt and his guys can find a better way of mounting the pump. Maybe switching to a monarch pump under the hood would be a smart move.

12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have to disagree with you Lawnboy. My Blizzard stacks the snow just as high as my Western ever did, never had a Boss so can't speak about them.

Buck

13. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The Blizzard frame has stops in it to keep it from riding to high. It will not hit the light tower as said above.

14. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You have to stack differently thats all. Start to raise the plow as you enter the pile and the plow will push the snow up the snow ramp. Just repeat as needed.
    Dino