1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Info and help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by doc623, Oct 17, 2013.

1. doc623

doc623 Junior Member
    from OHIO

Help with Myers ST 78 snow blade
    I need some help.
    Let me give some info first and then ask some questions.
    I have a Myers ST 78 snow blade with the "A" frame that fits under the vehicle and attaches to the truck frame.
    I have snow blade frame that the blade attaches to that is hooked to the A frame part.
    Otherwise all the rest of the parts have disappeared over the years with moves and what not.
    1. Will this blade frame fit a 03 GMC Yukon?
    2 The list of parts that I think I need is as follows:
    a. Hydraulic lift unit - If I get the hydraulic unit without a cylinder what size cylinder - single acting/stage type? Where does the cylinder mount and what size is needed?
    b. Hydraulic lift cylinder - how big is this cylinder(15 x 10")?
    c. two angle cylinders - 1.5" x 10"?
    d. Truck side wiring harness
    e. Plow side wiring harness
    f. Lights
    g. Controller for the plow.
    That is about it. I know little about these things.
    I have had vehicles with blades before but never paid much attention to the details.
    Where may I find a schematic/parts list for this ST78 Unit.
    Where may I find info to know which power unit will inter change with the original E58.
    Where is the best place to find parts for the best price.
  2. JDLipinski

JDLipinski Junior Member

Take some pics of what you have, then we can figure out what you are missing. The blade is fairly universal, the carton (mounting brackets) are vehicle specific. Wiring just depends on how involved you want to get.
  3. doc623

doc623 Junior Member
    from OHIO

Hey thanks. I'm lost with this project and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll try to get some pictures over the weekend.
    Thanks again.
  4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I will say it again. Why would you put a 6.5' plow on a full size suv? It is gonna cost way more than finding a used unit that would be appropriate for your Yukon.

Find a old jeep guy, since this what the St 78 was designed for and sell the parts to him.
  5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i would have to agree. that 6.5 ft plow is too small for your truck. the truck is wider than the plow when it is not angled, at angle it will only be about 3/4 as wide as the truck.
    and it would cost more to make it fit the truck than it would to just buy a used plow setup designed for the truck.
  6. doc623

doc623 Junior Member
    from OHIO

Just checked with a local Myers dealer and now they tell me that Myers does not make a snow plow unit to fit my '03' half ton or 1500 Yukon XL.
    Some one care to recommend something.
    Or what is a fellow to do as I am not in the market to trade trucks.
  7. kimber750

Do you want to stay with Meyer? If so I would look for an ST7.5, Yukon mount for EZ-Classic #17111. But there should be plenty of used plows out there that will work well on your Yukon. What dealer is closest to you that you like to deal with?
  8. doc623

doc623 Junior Member
    from OHIO

I have only contacted one dealer so far and it seems that all they are interest in is selling new systems and not working with the customer. That is Croft Trucking at Canton, OH.
    Thanks for the info.
    Am trying to contact another dealer.
    I'll check on a " Yukon mount for EZ-Classic #17111" if I know for sure what that is.
  9. kimber750

Ez Classic is most likely the type of used Meyer plow you will come across, dam things are every where. That part # is for the truck mount for Yukon to use any Meyer Ez Classic plow.