1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inexpensive Strobe Light??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by YPLLLC, Dec 6, 2008.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can get a really inexpensive strobe or lightbar? Or does anyone have an old one they wat to sell really cheap. I am just getting into plowing and am trying not to spend $$$ on a light bar or strobe. Thanks

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Should be able to pick up a twin beam halogen rotor bar for around 100bucks at just about any shop. they sell single bear rotors at most parts houses for around 20bucks. there are single strobes running around for about 70bucks.

3. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Thanks!! You think the $20 will be good enough for me? I am doing a few dentists offices and then possibly am subbing a few sudivision streets.

4. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Check e-bay if you are not looking for a name brand you should be able to find something there

5. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

i got a 80w signal dynamics module and controller with a set of 4 hide a way strobes on ebay for 85 bucks delivered...... They are bright too worth triple what i paid for them. Just look around.

Chuck

6. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

That will be fine until you make some money and can get a better one if you want it. The company I sub for doesn't have any lights on their company trucks. And some of the guy plow with the head lights off. Crazy if you ask me.

I just got a Federal signal LED bar off of ebay for my Ford but I plowed the first storm this year with out any light.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Not to be a pita but you just bought 3 trucks, plows and spreaders. And your wanting to cheap out on some $20 lights? If you've spent that much already why not spend another $350 or 400 and get some dual rotator mini bars for the trucks, as said above they can be had for just over $100 each. With 3 bars and shipping on them I bet you could still sneak in right around $350. They will be much brighter and look more professional then some single rotator beacon that looks like it came from walmart with the curly cord running across the roof to a window.

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I agree with Mark... Go to http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=clearance&style=LB354 and see if they still have some of their brand duel rotator lights in the clearance bin... You'll spend under $90 with shipping each and their the same as a Whelen Responder II Rotator Bar but with their name on it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  9. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i third that

10. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

strobesnmore.com Nice lights, not $20 but reasonably priced

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I believe northern tool has some single strobe lights at $20. If somebody cant see your truck with a single strobe they probably wont see you at all. Although I will admit some guys strobe setups are preety sweet looking. The truck I plow with doesnt have any strobes and to be honest Its fine because I plow preety low traffic accounts. If I had a plow on my truck I would be happy with a nice dual rotator. I think spending more than $200 on strobes is just to look good but hey if thats how you want to spend your money there is nothing wrong with that. :waving:

12. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

I had three 1999 trucks totaled last year because of idiot drivers (not my drivers) and we had lights on all three. I would hate to see nice new trucks damaged. I might still have a lightly used whelen 9m edge mini magnetic mount strobe light bar in the shop somewhere with 2 front and 2 rear lights and a hardwire cable for about $280. I might also have a couple of new in box Able 2 sho me mini led light bars magnetic mount with a 10ft cable and cig plug with on/off and flash pattern switches or a permant mount with a 10ft cable no switches for about $340. shipping would be extra. I will double check on the prices and inventory so don't hold me to them but I'm sure their close to if not right on.