1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indy Replay?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by JayMac, Feb 10, 2008.

1. JayMac

JayMac Member

Well Guys. I just saw the Winter Storm Watch for 4-5". Seems that we have had a couple of good snows in February for the past couple of years. Whats your thoughts?

2. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I will be ready to go, however not too excited about it since we were supposed to get 6-8 a week ago and got 1/2 inch. So, I guess we are playing the waiting game again to see how wrong, or right, the forecasters are on this one. Please God, let it snow!

3. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

Atleast you guys got a 1/2"! I have a couple of properties that I can do with @1/2" We just got a little bit of slush and freezing rain. I was able to salt, but not too much. It warmed up quick. If we were as bad at our jobs as the weather "forecasters" we would starve!

We are 12 hours out from this storm and they still have NO CLUE! My guess is a replay of last week. But, I guess we'll see. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

4. payton

payton Senior Member

dr destructo if you jinxs us indy boys you gotta buy us all a beer.. or two hell maybe even a few more after those are gone.. since it will be your fault..

if ya think bout it we got close to 10 inchs on feb 13th last year. so it could happen

5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am changing things up this time.

I have gassed up and stocked the bed with ballast/salt.

BUT I haven't hooked up the plow yet (just to shake things up):jester:

6. JayMac

JayMac Member

Just checked the Radar

Its not looking good for Indy. Snow to the north and the south but not here and the chances are looking slim. Hope something changes soon.

7. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Just watch snow happy Chris Wright he still has his smile on and is showing no sign of wavier late in the day. Oh other than that likely they all added to the forecast. The plows are on none the less and we are headed in at 3:00am. Happy plowing!!:sleeping:

8. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Chris Wright did say that if we don't get snow, like last time, there will be some silly looking forecasters hiding their faces around the city. At least one of them somewhat admitted that they screwed up.

9. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Hate to tell you guys this, but down here in the southern part of the state we are gettin it. 2-5" with freezing rain in the middle. here is what it looked like just 1 hour into it. Hope you guys get to share in the fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    James

10. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah he said it just b4 the commerical where it came on and said certified meteroligist by blah blah blah.. yadda yadda yadda..

hell looks like i may need to head down to the farm to do any real pushing.. monroe/lawernce county here i come

11. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

anyone down south needs help, give us a shout. Looks like we're getting screwed again here in Indy. Originally said anywhere between 5-10", and now saying possibly 1-3. Go figure! Once again, anyone down south needing help, give us a call. We can send at least 2 trucks if not more.

12. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Are you used to it yet FFD? This is getting ridiculous isn't it. What's say we head down to Louisville to help out a little?

13. payton

payton Senior Member

let me know if ya need another truck.. blahhhhhhh

14. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Will drive for snow!!! ................
    I am 15 south of Indy and so far maybe a couple flurries

looks like we might be o-fer it's the crack of 12:10 and zip, nothing,..................

It was supposed to start a 7 bla, bla, bla, and be 5-8 bla, bla , bla

I'm setting the alarm for 3 and we will see what we got.

If it hits I' ll talk to ya WEDNESDAYpayup

15. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I just went & salted my stations & we have a dusting in Greenfield. I went to Mt Comfort Road & the same there. The snow is actually picking up a bit but radar shows isolated cloud burst. It is a good thing no weather men live close by.

16. payton

payton Senior Member

rain rain with a lil freezeing sleet wha a wonderful state

17. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I guess my feeling was right......screwed again. I'm @ 50 miles SE of Indy and we just barely had an inch with some freezing rain. Got up every hour thru the night like a kid at Christmas, only to be dissapointed AGAIN! How can these weather guys be so far off? Maybe they should call in Bob Gregory or Stan Wood for some advice. I was wondering if they all buy the computer software from the same company. If so, is it possible that there is a problem with it? Seems odd that they are ALL wrong. And not just a little wrong. I guess theres always next year!

18. JayMac

JayMac Member

I feel your pain on the lack of sleep I did it last time but not this time, sleep like a baby knowing they missed the call. Not only the local TV weather but the weather websites I check often and the NWS got it wrong. At 3pm yesterday I felt like they missed their forecast but they wouldn't budge. I guess last night strengthen the old adage, don't like the weather in Indiana wait 5 minutes, it will change.

19. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

I for one am glad it didn't come down hard in Indianapolis

I worked 7-3am last night and then had 2hrs OT.. so I got home around 5:30am. Was totally not looking forward to plowing.

20. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I just don't understand how they can be this far off two times in a row. Once, maybe would be understandable, but damn, twice. Next forecasted snow, I will be putting nothing on my truck until it starts coming down and accumulating! Damn those weather people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!