1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Industry Feedback

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dbreault, Aug 17, 2008.

1. dbreault

dbreault Member

Hello All,

I am looking for some feedback on the snow industry from the people who know the snow business better than anyone (you ;) ). What is your feeling on gas prices and how they may or may not effect your purchases getting ready for the new season? For example buying a new truck or putting it off, new equipment purchases, etc. Most areas had a terrific snow season last year and I am curious how that may or may not effect your pre-season plans.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Are you specifically looking for feedback from Curtis users or from everyone? If you want input from everyone you might want to have a moderator move this to a more appropriate category since this is sitting in the Curtis section.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i wanna know if over the course of the summer its normal jack leg to go down ?
  4. dbreault

dbreault Member

...no, general feedback is great, obviously I tend to be biased to Curtis owners ;) but everyones input is welcome.

Jack legs aren't "supposed" to go down while the plow sits. You probably have a spec of dirt that is causing the jag-leg valve not to close perfectly. Sometimes just having the system flushed out will clear the dirt. Same thing can happen to all lift/angle pistons.

5. PLOWMAN45

yeah its time for a flush i wonder if the ashphalt sinking
  6. dbreault

dbreault Member

... I hope not, my buddy did that to my driveway with his Harley last summer!
  7. PLOWMAN45

its been clean and flushed and the dealer is hour or so away
  8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I think people are holding back on any big expenses they can. They know they need to replace something or add a new piece, but they would rather not.
    If they can get one more year out of a truck or plow, they might do that and see if the economy clarifies itself.

I think that you may see a bunch of newbies get into the business because last year was a monster in many parts of the country.
    BUT, most old timers know that one monster year doesn't mean the next year is a monster.

I think people/business's are being cautious.
    Price matters, a lot, esp when everything else is going sky high.