1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

INDOOR Salt storage in south chicago suburbs

Discussion in 'Weather' started by readysnowplow, Apr 23, 2010.

1. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

We have been dealing with wet salt for the past three years and it's beginning to be too much trouble. We were thinking about storing our own salt and at the same time being a distributor to some of the local contractors who are in need of smaller loads for their business. We are thinking about the Chicago Heights area as well as the inner city next to the major expressways. What do you guys in these areas think about an indoor, temperature controlled warehouse that sells bag, treated and straight bulk? Would you come? We are trying to get a gauge of what our brothers in the business are looking for.

2. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

as long as your priced similar to fink industries out of the port of Indiana I am there a little closer for me to drive depending on what part of Chicago Hts.

3. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

we will be right in line with Frick if not a bit better plus we were thinking of offering a discount for those who buy more than five tons at a time. even if you can't take it with you right away. you could have a revolving account and get it as you need it. This would give a bulk discount and not have to worry about where you will store five or ten tons. What do you think? We'll be in the business/manufacturing district of Chicago Heights. close to the expressway

4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Count me in will you offer clear lane?