1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indoor R/C Track Build

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by magnatrac, Oct 30, 2008.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I posted some pics earlier this year on this forum and a few others of a couple of r/c tracks that my brother and I had built. Well because of doing that we were contacted and asked to build a r/c track for a place called the extreme sports dome http://www.extremesportsdome.com/ It's a large indoor motocross track and r/c track. We were asked to build two tracks in one. With a few minor changes of the tubing the track can go from a dirt oval to a regular off road track with jumps. There is in the neighbor hood of 1000 yards of dirt in this track. The track was built on a angle to help with visibility. The back straight of the oval is actually built 5 feet above the dome floor. We used a komatus d21 dozer and a cat 236b skid loader. The build took five days including putting down the tubing and white plywood walls. Here's a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Thats impressive. Nice work!

3. magnatrac

Here's a few pics of the build process. Sorry some of them are so dark. The pics make it look like we pushed the dirt right up to the wall of the dome but there is actually a few feet between the wall and the track.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Awsome, looks like alot of fun.:drinkup:

5. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Can we trade jobs?

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Can you run gas in there, and where is it located, I got take my buggy there :nod:

7. magnatrac

Yup, nitro and electric are both welcome. The air in the dome is changed every 2 hours so fumes are not going to be an issue. We had the dozer and skid running for the r/c track along with a D3 and 5yard case wheel loader working on the mx track and fumes were ok. The dome is located in port huron right next to the mall.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Awsoem work,
    any pics of the final ?

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Go to the web site, it's all there :nod: