1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indianapolis weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mullis56, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Indianapolis is the city of freezing rain, ice, rain to light snow or light snow now...we don't get any plowable events. Just event after event for walkway work and lot salting......it is good for us, but not good for our subs!

2. patterson

patterson Junior Member

I've been here for about 15 years now and I still can't get used to it. I'm originally from up by Lake Michigan and a snow is a foot or so. I'm not having any luck getting my customers to go with a 1/4" trigger, but I keep trying. Thank God I'm a turf guy!!

3. JayMac

JayMac Member

May get our first event on Saturday?

If your a better, what's the over and under? Ice and snow.

4. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

Well I guess Ill dig the plow out and see if the weather guys have a clue this time...:gunsfiring:

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

My guess now is ice/freezing rain no snow. SUCKS!

6. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

WOW ....It flurried today on the South side!!!...I bet it will take 5 days to 3 inches!!!unreal!xysport

7. JayMac

JayMac Member

Any thoughts on tonight's forecast?

From Wunderground:

Snow. Snow accumulation around 2 inches. Lows in the lower 20s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

8. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

Well they say 1-2 inches..that means a flurry or 2..Hope Im wrong!!:gunsfiring:

9. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

This is the only time in my life I would like to see atleat 2".

10. JayMac

JayMac Member

I'm with you. This could a plow able event, the forecast looks better every time I look at it. I think I've forgotten how to plow. Just like riding a bike right?

11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

It has started that is the first step to this deal, can't mention word.

12. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

atleast its starting to snow.

13. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

Im still not seeing it on the radar...I hope it snows...god i need the money:confused:

14. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

Im also on the ss and my yard is as clean as whistle

15. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

Ok Im going to bed...still no snow down here!!!!!!!!!!wOW...GIVE ME CHRIS WRIGHTS SALARY!!!!

16. lucky4511

lucky4511 Member

Unbelievable!!

17. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

The thing is, its not just Chris Wright! Every forecast I saw was very close. It is amazing that they can miss so badly. We were hearing 1-2", maybe 3" in spots. I woke up at 4am and it was RAINING and 36 degrees! Is there a problem with the software that they use or what? I'm sure they all use a similar system. It just seems that the last few years they have not been able to be accurate. I not even going to bother looking anymore. I will look at accuweather.com and forecast myself!

18. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

atleast I got to salt 3 comercial propertys this morning.

:dizzy:

19. lucky4511

lucky4511 Member

You know, it's not that I want it to snow....we are on maintenance agreements so get paid either way - no snow and $$$ is great, but you put so much time into planning, getting the guys all ready to go, load the trucks and attach the plow....then nothing! I got up at 1 am, let the guys in and then at 2:30 took off the plow and went back to bed!

20. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

im going to have to work on the maintenance agreements for next year. I got into the game too late this year to get that done.

So if it doesnt snow or Ice no money either way.