1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indianapolis 2008/2009 Winter?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mullis56, Aug 11, 2008.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone heard, read or seen any predictions for us? Thanks!

2. JayMac

JayMac Member

I saw a map that had us on the line of above average / average precipitation for the 08/09 winter season. Then I read a forecast that stated everywhere could have above average precipitation for the 08/09 winter depending on how the hurricane season goes. Then again that's what I read last year too. Who knows, but I think it could be a good season.

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I haven't heard much but anyone has to guess better than the weathermen last year.:realmad:

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Was your winter as bad as ours last year? I heard you guys had alot of bad forcast out there, like snow that never showed. We had alot of that here !:realmad:

5. JayMac

JayMac Member

That's right. One day they forecast an 8" snow by the next morning. I watched the radar most of the day and thought we'll be lucky to get a plow able snow but remained ready. Stayed up all night thinking that we would need to got on it early to stay ahead because I plow an apartment complex. Wasn't till 5:00am that they retracted to just flurries. We got a 1.5" dusting. This is just one of about four stories I could tell you just like it.

6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

We pretty much had a streak of false alarms, hopefully we will have a blowout winter.wesport

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Oh man, i feel your pain! One day we had heavy snow warnings for 10-14 inches of snow. Woke up at 4am expecting all this snow, we had nothing, nada, zip! I was so pissed, and so very cold. I did not sleep or eat for daysssssss! I think the weathermen get some type of amusement watching us running around getting ready for nothing.:cry:

8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am putting my plow on tonight..........well I am moving it........but I am ready and willing

Hopefully we all get a strong steady winter this year.

Optimistic in Indy

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Oh it will snow like no 2morrow this winter, take a pic while the plow is on the truck!ussmileyflag

10. JayMac

JayMac Member

Just in on Foxnews

Just read this on Foxnews

The almanac predicts above-normal snowfall for the Great Lakes and Midwest, especially during January and February, and above-normal precipitation for the Southwest in December and for the Southeast in January and February. The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions will likely have an unusually wet or snowy February, the almanac said.

Check it out its a good read, It maid me happy!

11. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I will believe it when it happens. I lost more sleep last year from the missed forecasts than I care to remember.

12. JayMac

JayMac Member

Okay so its been 80 the past few days, does anyone remember a fall like this? I hope that it's a good sign that it's snowing out west but are the temps here a good sign for winter?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Around here it was pretty cold for the first few days of october, alot of leaves are falling now! Its just been a crappy pattern trough in the west and a ridge in the east. This will change by the end of the week, we should have below normal temps and lows below 40!

14. JayMac

JayMac Member

Did I hear snow?

I think I heard that we could see snow next week. It was on the radio on the way home Q95 to be exact. I thought that I heard them say Tuesday AM it could. Am I out of my mind? Was I day dreaming? Anyone heard this? :dizzy:

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

No you are on planet earth:waving: The coldest air of this fall season is on its way come monday. It will prob open the lake for business. Those lake effect favored regions will see snow:bluebounc

16. JayMac

JayMac Member

I dug this up just for kicks and giggles, Whens it going to snow enough to plow!? I'm going nucking futs! I'm moving north!

Hope everyone is well and Happy New Year, glad to see 2008 go!

17. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Im right behind u jaymac glad to c someone else from the westside.