1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indianapolis 1/5 12 inches+

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by indplstim, Jan 14, 2014.

1. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

a few of my crappy cell phone pics from the storm. 12+ inches of snow, then 2 days of -12 degree temps with 30mph winds after. good times...payup

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics, are those last 2 of a lot of yours that drifted over?
  3. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

yes, most businesses were closed on monday and tuesday due to the crazy temps so this is one of the last lots I cleared off. I beleive I had cleared off about 4 inches earlier that sunday, this is after an additional 8-10 inches.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

on the last 2 pics, the sun was rising and there appeared to be a rainbow of sorts on the right side of the horizon
  5. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I think everyone in the state of Indiana had a picture of the vertical rainbow of sorts during Monday morning's sunrise. I have a picture of it in my phone :). Those were some grueling days trying to keep up with the snowfall and then the wind.
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I see a rainbow in the 4th pic on the left side ;)

Looks like a brutal storm, you made it out alive, good job.
  7. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

yea the snow was manageable, the minus 30-40 wind chill...not so much, 30 hours on, 5 hours sleep, then another 20 or so hours. my wife is over me doing snow removal. all this after a decent 6 inch storm a few days prior
  8. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I loved it! I seriously somehow went about 60hrs, had maybe 3-4 10 minute naps on the steering wheel. Felt great all the way through. My wife put in a out30 hrs total in her cherokee then rode with me. I was most proud of my shovel guys! 4 hrs Sunday night, 5 hrs Monday and 1 hr of clean up Monday night. They were troopers and were well bonused!