Snow Plowing Forum banner

Indiana Snow & Ice Thread

12K views 118 replies 27 participants last post by  Indy 
#1 ·
OK... I will start it :) When the heck will it snow in central Indiana ? Any ideas ?

#52 ·
topdog;367228 said:
we got nothing but a dusting. i guess my plows will still be in great shape for a long time at this rate.
Topdog, if you guys don't get hit, and want some work and willing to drive to the southside of Indy, give me a call and I'll let you know if I can use you or not. Scott 317-538-1762

#53 ·
that would be a two hour drive with the plows on. not sure if that would be great on the trucks. but at this rate might be the only way to use them this year. i have a 2001 Dodge 2500 with a 2006 8 foot western with wings, snow deflector, and back drag blade, a 94 Chevy 2500 with a 2005 8 foot western with wings, snow deflector, and back drag blade & a 2005 Arctic cat 500 with 60 inch plow just waiting on some work.

#55 ·
Anyone with a decent size snowblower wanting some work and decent money, I have a condo edition in the Castleton area I can put you to work at. This would be done while our plow truck(s) are in there working.

Call 317.443.8424 if your interested & more details.

#58 ·
No more snow & warmer temps = I think this chat thread is "dead" :eek:

#62 ·
At the bar? He.. who has time for that? Been working about 55 hrs / week on leaves and lawns still. This week the grass has finally slowed its growth.
well this is the first day since march I logged on to the site. Ive' missed it & you folks too So welcome back to the cold and hopefully payup good winter of snow removal. I prob will get back on in about a week prsport

#63 ·
Hey!
does anybody need subs in northwest indiana?
i have (2) 2000 Silverados with 7.6 western pro plows,

#64 ·
Hey all, how was everyones summer? Is everyone ready for a good winter, I say good because anything will be better than last winter. I heard a couple of local stations saying there watching something brewing for Sunday after Thanksgiving, I don't know about you all but I am still waiting on all the leaves to fall so I can finish my clean ups.I'm usually done and praying for snow by now.
Well, hope you all have a good holidays, be safe.

#66 ·
Hey guys, we had about 3 inches here in Anderson Tue night and now we got 2-4 more for tonight. I was watching a couple of stations today and all this rain and warm temps they were calling for on Sat (45 deg) and Sun (60 deg) are now changed to a mix and they are watching the freeze line. If it moves "anymore" south this could be a 4 day snow event.What is with this weather ? Not complaining, I' m having too much fun to complain , I was just curious.purplebou

#71 ·
Bulk Salt

For all you guys spreading bulk salt, where are you getting it after hours????? We have a place where we have been getting it, however they are only open until 5pm Monday-Friday, not sure about weekends. We've asked them a couple times, and they stated they are the only ones around. We are located on the southeast side of Indy near Beech Grove, Franklin Township area. Any help would be great as we all know the snow doesn't only fall during the day. Thanks.

#72 ·
Lets plan a meet & greet for Saturday evening......

Say at the Wendys located at I-465 & west 10th street exit.....6pm It sits right next to the Lowes

Take a break and meet some new friends..heck I will buy you a coffee :drinkup:

#75 ·
Ut oh......everyone had better start doing the "Snow Dance" :redbounce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.