Snow Plowing Forum banner

Indiana Snow & Ice Thread

12K views 118 replies 27 participants last post by  Indy 
#1 ·
OK... I will start it :) When the heck will it snow in central Indiana ? Any ideas ?

#28 ·
If it comes in early, like they are saying, I should get quite a bit done, go home and watch the game, then go back out and do some more. Thankfully it is coming in on a Sunday, so it won't be as busy. Lets have some fun and GO COLTS !!!!!purplebou

#30 ·
topdog;355653 said:
i actually put my plow on one of my trucks earlier today. i hope it does something. still yet to break in the plow i bought this year. heck as far as that goes the one from last year only got a couple uses.

GO COLTS!!!
OH GEEEEsssssszzzzzzz.. He put his plow on........:realmad:

You all know what that means......NO SNOW !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

#31 ·
IndySnowPlow, I see you run snowex spreaders. Do you use any v-boxes and if so which ones? We are looking at possibly buying the 8000 V-box, but have heard of concerns of them getting clogged all the time and wondered if that was true. I run the 1075 and have had no problems with that, but not sure about the v's. Thanks.

#33 · (Edited)
topdog;356216 said:
bah, we ended up just under an inch.
done some sidewalks that's about it.
Same here. But we had 1 of our restaurants call and needed salted for supper crowd as it was getting packed down. we also worked about an hour on some residential at that time. We went out last nite from 10 till 3:30 this AM cleaning our Comm. that contract 1". payup finally:nod:

#35 ·
BIG thumbs up.. I am impressed

Hey all of you Indiana snowplowers...I just felt I needed to share my most recent snowplowing experience with you. As some of you may know, I was not going to plow this year but changed my mind and decided what the heck. I then made a couple of posts on here to see who was subcontracting snow work this season ( I have never sub'd work in the past ) and I was a bit nervous about getting screwed on gettin paid for plowing.
Thanks to the few people that offered to put me to work...maybe next snow ?

I just wanted to let you know... I had checked out 3 companys and decided to contact indy property care over on the westside of indy. These people have what I would call The Best System for plowing I have ever seen ( better than mine LOL.) I had all of the paperwork completed in less than an hour, they introduced me to Jeff whom I would be working with (very nice country boy type) and we went over the places we would be working at and all of the fine details.

On Sunday..we met at their place with my 2 trucks (wife and I as operators) and off we went. Things were a bit crazy at first...I was told that the owners wife was in the hospital and he would not be in (very nice guy btw) and his brother was there running the operations part along with a couple other people. So anyway.. I am just so impressed with how smooth things went at each place. Everyone new exactly what they were to do and even the customers that came out to check things out greeted the indy care people with big smiles and thanks.

I would say I will be more than happy if they call me again to work and if any of you get the chance to work with these people they are what I call a class act company.

THANKS Indy.....you made our day worth being there.

#36 ·
Coming Together as a Team

Thank You Zippy for the kind words....seems you fit in here real well from what I was told & you did a great job. Thank You to everyone else that plowed with us...Its been a rough week do to the wifes illness but we are making some progress.

SO.....when are we Indiana Snow Plowers going to have a get together ?

Super Bowl Party ?? fill up my neighborhood with a bunch of Plow Trucks !!!!! :drinkup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.