1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indiana Snow & Ice Thread

Discussion in 'Networking' started by IndySnowPlow, Dec 31, 2006.

1. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

OK... I will start it :) When the heck will it snow in central Indiana ? Any ideas ?

2. rockhard123

rockhard123 Junior Member

I hope you have another job to supplement your business. It may never snow in central Indiana. In years past, we always got a big snow the first week of January but not this year. The weather man is not even talking of snow any time soon. I only plowed once last year. We will keep our fingers cross it will snow soon and often.

3. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

woke up to snow this AM. Just had to look reeeealy hard to see it. LOL and all week will be above freezing 3days @45. No fun!:realmad: :cry: PLowed 1 time and this is suppose to supplement my foremans wages>

4. hobbie

hobbie Junior Member

It's still early. I hope it comes:dizzy:

5. zippy3497

zippy3497 Junior Member

I read somewhere that if the Polar Vortex and some other vortex thing moves we will get back to normal winter conditions... It said something about January 7th or 12th :dizzy:

6. gardenkeeper88

So do u think we can get enough of us up there to polar whatch u ma call it and move it with our trucks? LOL i'm about ready to try any thing.:D

7. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare Member
    from Indiana

I hope it starts and snows hard into February and even March

8. gardenkeeper88

Not too much in march cause I start spring cleanups as soon in March as I can. I like to start bringing employees back so they don't have too long of off time or start liking where they are working now tooo much. Feb OK payup

9. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

it doesn't look like this year is going to be any better then last I only got out 2 times last year . this in in N.E. indiana .

10. GSU Lawn

GSU Lawn Member

Glad to see someone started an Indiana thread. I have not been a member of Plowsite very long and I am still learning my way around the site. Now that this Indiana thread was started it makes it even better. Thanks.

Let it snow

04 Dodge Ram 1500 W/ 7.5 hiniker

11. gardenkeeper88

Welcome GSU:waving:

12. payton

payton Senior Member

so whos gonna be havin the bbq soon.. all this warm weather i was grilling out last night..

13. IndySnowPlow

from Indiana

Your Welcome GSU...sorry I waited so long too start it. Payton...I too have been using the BBQ grill alot more than normal.... But I must admit, with the warmer weather I have had time to fix almost EVERY little thing on the plow equipment that even "slightly" bugs me. I think next week Im going to start on the summer equipment maintenance.

Euro forecast & models show above normal temps.

USA- North American models keep flip flooping temps.

SOOooo who knows whats next :dizzy:

14. payton

payton Senior Member

bout time for a bw3 night soon isnt it?

15. GSU Lawn

GSU Lawn Member

The BW thing sounds good. We should schedule an Indiana meet there so we can do one great big snow dance.:)

16. IndySnowPlow

from Indiana

Sounds like a good idea to me.................

17. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Indy we might steal your snow this week we might get some salting in Noreastern might blow thru monday nite I will take some pics for ya so you remember what it looks like (Kidding) I know the feeling did some pm work on everything that was bugging me on the trucks even down to silcon the door seals.But doing a lube job in 50 deg and dry is much better than 15 and dripping slush.......

18. zippy3497

zippy3497 Junior Member

Maybe not snow....looks like "ice" headed our way.

19. gardenkeeper88

Yep we're suppose to have ice tonight & tom. then 1-3" of ice mixed w/ snow sun nie and mon AM Hang on it could be a wild one.:dizzy:

20. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Guys, it doesnt snow here in INDIANA!! :eek: What are you thinking?