1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indiana light rules

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Petetheo, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Petetheo

Petetheo Junior Member

Is there a web site with rules about using amber lights on your plow truck?What do they allow?

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

You should be able to google or yahoo your way to IN states vehicle codes. They will list emergency and tow trucks and some odds and ends.

3. Malakas82

Malakas82 Member

u can do anything u want with amber lights...the more the better...i have an amber dual light rotating bar on my truck and white strobes in all 4 corners...its all legal..what part of nw indiana r u from

4. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

hey guys i'm from south bend, were are you from?

5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Call your local police and ask. I have never had a problem with the clear strobes on my truck. I would want something better to tell the cop than some guy from plowsite.com said it was cool

6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

the law state "may display amber" which mean you may run abmer if you want as a plow vehicle.

7. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

indiana state law requires all vehicles with a mounted plow to be displaying some sort of warning light. it can be as simple as a rotating becon or it could be a full amber/clear light bar. No red, blue, green, or purple though.

8. Petetheo

Petetheo Junior Member

Found something that might be interesting.Laws by state and a little of Canada. www.policeposers.com