1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Indiana getting hit?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sno, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Indiana need help? Looks like central indiana may be picking up a few inches.?.?. Give me a call... Bryan, Ohio

2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

3. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

This really cracks me up.....typical indianapolis weather...it is snowing and accumulating everywhere but HERE :realmad:

4. UPS

UPS Junior Member

Yep no snow at all here in south central IN. Just about 45 mins south of Indy here. Talked to a friend up at Indy who plows and he said nothing to talk about there either...So, where is all this snow anyway?

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Hey Brandon! Hahaha you never know where you will meet people huh? This is Eric Canady. Got your cleanups done yet? Hey if you need a helper to clear sidewalks I might be available to sub out- I have 3 garden tractors that would be great on commercial prop sidewalks. Let me know you have my card.

Yeah it’s not snowing here yet guys, it’s 2:30 pm as I write this. Talked to my brother in Muncie (at ball state univ.) and he said it’s snowing there that was before lunch. I’m in Columbus (one of “UPS” ‘s fellow LCO’s)
    I have three garden tractors for this year- two with blades and one with a snowthrower. None of them are ready yet, each needs something done to it so today I’m gonna try to get one together just in case.

If it was upto me guys I would have the snow wait another week. Would sure be nice if the ground would freeze though, I have a stump to pull and two brush piles to haul and need to get the truck into the yards to do this but it’s too wet right now.

6. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

yea.. i was out till 10:30 last night getting ready for plowing and then when i get up there is nothing... so i figure when school is out then there will be some snow... WRONG it warmed up... AHHH I hate Indiana weather sometimes

7. UPS

UPS Junior Member

Funny to find you here Eric. I don't think I have enough work for ya right now but put a plow on that truck and we could take on some pretty big snow removal jobs. I'm talking places like Lowes and Menards.

Well, us southern Indiana guys got screwed. No snow at all just nasty rain. Hope for better luck later in the year.

8. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Morning Brandon,
    My truck is a two wheel drive so a plow is a no-go. Sorry. I THINK, not certain, that maybe Lowe’s had a machine left there all last winter, I was thinking a skid steer with a pusher blade? Maybe? I don’t know whose it was but it wasn’t Lowe’s I am certain. Check and see if they’re taking bids. Menards is probably still available- C&S (Barker) mows that one and he told me the other day that he is not plowing this winter or any more. If you are looking for someone with a truck to help you might talk to Hawkins, he’s got the truck and plow but I don’t know how busy he is. If you need his phone number or just want to chat shoot me an email- eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz

I got one of my tractors ready to push last night, so at least I’m ready if it does decide to drop sometime.
    :gunsfiring: payup :drinkup: :nod:

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

ct lawn / UPS / Bushhog...... Post up on our website www.indysnowplowers.com we always have people looking for plowers there...we had over 40 hits yesterday ( snow day )

ct lawn I see your in Avon..we have tons of work in AVON, you interested ?? send me an email at kip@indysnowplowers.com

KH

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Kip- thanks I sent in a form from your page. Much appreciated :waving:

11. UPS

UPS Junior Member

eric- Your right about Lowes but they are taking bids on plowing and mowing together. I'd throw a bid at them if I had someone to sub and plow it with me. Just don't think I could take that entire parking lot on by myself.

You could probably put a plow on that 2-wheel. Just get a light weight plow like a snoway, put enough weight in the back and maybe some tire chains. I mean its not like we consistently get snow by the feet. We're talking typical 2-3" snows.

Kip- I believe I should already be on there. I had sent e-mail back and forth with Steve. I'll have to go check and see if I'm on there but I do know Steve said it was done. This was a month or so ago.

Talk to ya all later!