1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

increase speed on hydraulic rotator

Discussion in 'Normand Snow Blowers' started by newlandscapes, Nov 19, 2015.

1. newlandscapes

newlandscapes Junior Member

i have a 82" Normand and the shout rotates extremely slow! takes probably 15-20 seconds to rotate from left to right. is there an adjustment on this?

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

There possibly is a restricter fitting in one of the lines. They normally fly back and forth.

3. newlandscapes

Thanks! I noticed that one side was different and i called the place i got it from and they said they are required to install that restrictor fitting.

Also, where are the shear pins located? I assume it has them, but i didn't really get any paperwork or anything with the unit when i bought it.

Thanks in advance!

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

There is one shear pin on the PTO shaft. It's the the end by the yoke, should be at the tractor end (same end as the quick coupler).

There is another at the back of the blower on the jackshaft. From the gearbox, follow the jackshaft, you will see a flip up cover, right under that cover is the 2nd shear pin. That one is usually the one to go as its the smaller of the two.

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

6. newlandscapes

email sent! Thanks for the help!

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

You're welcome, anytime! Enjoy your Normand!