1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

InChicago

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Jun 14, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

My family and I made it safely to the Chicagoland area.

On the way we passed a truck loaded with Fisher plows in PA. Radioed the driver and he said they were bound for Southern Illinois. Guess Fisher is doing good business in the midwest. No stainless blades on the truck. Wife took a few shots and I will see how well they came out.

Other than that no major events of the trip. I will be online and checking things out in the area.

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

CT, its strange that you mention seeing Fisher blades headed for IL. At the sima show I was talking to a contractor from Chicago and when he asked where I was from I said Boston and he said "Fishers are big there aren't they?" I told him they have about 80% of the market, then he said "ya know they just can't seem to make an impact around us". Maybe this means they finally are starting to make one?

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Hey Jesse good to have you here in Illinois. I'll get the coffee brewing. John :waving:

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Great!

Went out to a place for breakfast in Northbrook and saw a billboard adevertising for plowing subs with there own equipment. I have never seen anyone advertise using a billboard for workers. Is the need that great? Has me thinking now. HMMMMM.

Will give you a shoot this week.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Jesse are you still vacationing?:rolleyes: