1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In the ballpark for these ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Musaexcavating, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Musaexcavating

Musaexcavating Junior Member

Guy I just would like to say thanks to everyone on here there is a ton of information . Now I'm just getting into plowing this year so I'm not too sure on my estimates I think I'm close but some positive input would be nice keep in mind these are in massachusetts ,the first one is a pharmacy and the other is an auto parts store and a detached Starbucks - bank in the opposite building .They want it 1-3 ,3-6 and so on up till 12+ so for the pharmacy I came up with plowing $ 185 for 1-3 salt at 180 per application and the 330' of walks shoveled with melt for $150 1-3". The other lot I'm at $235 plowing 1-3 salting at $150 per application and like $100 for shoveling the walks with melt for 1-3".

image.jpg

2. Musaexcavating

Here is the second auto store and coffee shop.

image.jpg

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I don't know your area but you walk price sounds high 330' of walks For $150 with melt How wide is your walks
    Lot is bigger then the walks and you only charging 185 1-3
    I could see them walks going for a lot less
    Are you going use a Shovel only

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I agree, plowing price seems low and walk price seems a tad high

5. Musaexcavating

Thanks guys ya I still have to confirm whether or not the town walks are included or not usually this street is taken care of by the town but if not it would add 340' of walks. I was just rerunning some numbers and $100 would probably be more realistic on this one without the town walk. And 210 for the push. As for equipment I have a one ton dump 9' straight plow and I will be picking up a 2500 with an 8.5 and I also have cat track skiddy for these .

6. Musaexcavating

Also I'm thinking the other Starbucks lot has about 150' of walk and a loading dock that will be shoveled so I'm thinking $70 -80 on the walks for this one and the push price is pretty good with the pita factor and no damn place to put snow so I'll be hauling out of here I'm sure. Also how do you typically figure the 3-6,6-9,9-12 and 12+ I would think it's extra clearing time for more snow correct ? I have also seen like 1.5 then 2x on here . Just want to thank you guys again this snow thing is new for me on the estimating end.

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

How long you think its going take you clean the walks
    I know I have one that's 280'x48'' in a 3'' snow max be 20 mins That's with my Toro 418 blower
    Might be something you need a compact blower
    Mine will drag my a$$ around only use the shovel for touch up if that