1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In serious trouble!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselboy, Apr 14, 2007.

1. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Ok i have 10 accounts, of which 1 is paved. the frost went out and all the dirt driveways are mud. If we get a foot of snow up here like accuweather is predicting what would you do? Risk burying your trucks in foot of snow AND mud or tell the customers that it will all melt by tuesday afternoon. lol. and if i do go out and get stuck then i have to go around fixing drivways after. not to mention find someone to pull me out during a blizzard. Any suggestions or past experience is greatly appreciated.

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

With a foot of snow, I think you are going to have to plow. If you get 6" you might be able to squeek by. If you have to plow, raise you blade up a good 4" and then just run over the snow over and over again with your tires to pack it a little. That it what I did on my gravel driveway the last storm. It makes if so that cars can atleast drive on it.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Back blade as much as possible

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Shovel??:D Like MCW said, back drag as much as you can

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Put your shoes/skids on . back drag. Lift your plow a little so it"s just off of the ground/mud.when going forward.
    good luck...

6. payton

payton Senior Member

dont take any accounts that are mud driveways