1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In need of oasis report

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dap320, Jan 8, 2013.

1. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

I am looking to buy a 2004 F250 diesel but Ive been reading up on the change in the engines half way through the year and want to make sure this truck had the later engine that supposedly was not as problematic. I went to the dealership to see if they could provide me an oasis report and they would not for some reason. I cant understand what the problem would be especially since they get all of my business. Anyways if anyone has access to this service and would be so gracious to provide me with an oasis report, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again!
    Dave
    1FTNW21P64EC96386

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Ford stop that for reason. I have access to oasis report until last year they stop it.

3. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

so is there another type of report I should be looking for?

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not understanding his english but they still do oasis reports. My guys would only read it to me, wouldn't print it. A tech can get one for you if theyre cool like 07PSDCREW

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

I have an 04 6.0. If you can not get a report look at the valve cover passenger side to see if there is a sensor called the ICP right under the alternator. If it is there, Late build, if not , early build.

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I dont know what Milwaukee is talking about as oasis reports are a vital part of my everyday stuff at work...
    I can get you one....what is your email so I send the attachments?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I figured out how to convert it so ill post here.....And thanks Alldayrj for sayin im cool!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

To say clearly for once again. I used to have access to that OASIS report on ford site with account there. For some reason they decided to denied access to OASIS report due amount of people request for oasis report. And dealership stop print oasis report too.

Only who have access to that are dealer's shop.

9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Probably the person who's username and password you were using got fired or quit and then you are denied access. We now as of a few years ago have to change passwords every 2 months to access the PTS/OASIS site.
    But no worries, I attached the requested OASIS report above. :wave:

10. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

07PSDCREW,
    For some reason I am unable to view the report that you posted in the forum. I sent you a pm with my email address. I must also agree with the "cool" statement. Thanks again guys. This is a huge help!

Dave

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Really? That's strange. It shows up right on screen in the forum for me on two different pc's. maybe because you are a new member?? Hmmm. Ok I will email them to you.

12. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

I am using a pc and there are alot of security restriction, which might be the case.

13. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

I meant a pc at my work

14. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

With the build date of March 24 2004 I'm going with early model but I could be wrong. The only way to tell is get the serial # off the right side valve cover. 6,000,000 to 6,155,636 is early build engine...the problem one.
    6,155,037 to 6,344,942 is the better one.

Those other 3 pages show all warranty history to 98,xxx miles. According to the oasis report, this truck had a lot of egr issues and nothing else really. It may be worth putting in an egr delete if you do buy it.
    Good luck.

15. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

its a 6.0, i didnt know they had a non problematic one? lol, they keep me in business between egrs, high pressure oil feed pipes, and other no start retardedness.

16. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

All 6.0's used to be great money makers till I started installing BP EGR Coolers, Oil coolers and water pumps.

The damn things stay on the road now! lol

17. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

Thanks guys this was a huge help. Does anyone know when the engine was changed over? The build date was march 24 2004.

18. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

You have to look at the serial # to tell that... Refferencing the info above. There wasn't a specific date when they started. When the old production engine supply ran out, they start the new revision.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  19. dap320

dap320 Junior Member
    from 08221

Gotcha, I was hoping there was a way to tell by the date.

20. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

To explain why that's the only way to tell what it has...

When I looked up the vin# to price out a replacement long block for it, to find out if its early or later, you have to get the serial number off the old one to find out which one it was.