1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In need of kickstand assemby picture

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Nov 7, 2009.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Replacing the kickstand on my 26 series and something isn't right. There's a lot of slop in between the kcistand and the plow frame and the pins are popping out. Can someone shoot a picture of theirs so I can see what I got the wrong way.

I looked in the manual but didn't see anything related to the stand assembly.

Thanks

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Take it off and buy a small floor jack

3. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

No, been. Been playing with wood blocks and car stands..it's a pain in the ass, as much as the stock setup sucks..it kinda works

4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

My stand has always worked fine (except when I forgot to pull it up, woops!!). I'll grab a few pics of mine for you today. If you want, PM me your email address so I don't have to resize the pics to post them here.

5. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Thanks. You can send them to turbo38sfi@gmail.com
    For some reason, there's a half size nut on the bolt. The stand rides up and down on that nut. Then there's a washer and another nut. Well, there's play so even though the 2nd nut is tightened as much as it can be, there's play between the stand and the frame so that it rocks back an forth. Something isn't right..just need to see what I have mixed up.

6. linycctitan

Pics sent to your email. Hope they help.

Looking at mine, the stand is up against the bracket, then a big washer, jam nut, lock nut. It sounds like maybe your washer is in the wrong position if it is between the jam nut and lock nut.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  7. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Great. Got them. Thanks a lot, that helps! I have the washer and jam nut reversed. Gonna go outside and fix now since it's 70 out now and will be in the 40s tomorrow! :)

Should fix me up.

8. linycctitan

Best of luck, glad I could help! Can't believe it's November today!!

9. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

All fixed up. Thanks again. Been so long since I've had one on. Whacked it early last year. F'd with a bent one for a while, then just went to a block of wood. Well, partly through the season I tore my f'in shoulder trying to lift one end on the truck so I went back to the stand this year. Shoulder still ain't right!

Dealer advised me to get the 29 series stand. Slightly taller but made of thicker steel and looks beefy. Only 5 bux more. 125 bux though for a stand and 2 pins..talk about a rip off..bend over!!