1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

IN Need of Help!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NEWFINISH, Mar 23, 2009.

NEWFINISH Junior Member

This will be my first year plowing commercial and I just got the heads up about a property and wanted to know how much to charge for plowing snowblowing the sidewalks and salting. The manager wants a bid for plowing per push and a flat rate for the season. It consist of all three buildings but the manager wants them bid seperately. Any input will be appreciated.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I have a commercial account similar in size to one of those buildings. $500 - $600 per push for all walks the lot and salting for one place. Give them a discount for all three, say $1300 - $1400 for the whole place. Break down your salting price within those prices for just salting when needed.

2 trucks + large salter on one of them. 2 men doing walks with blowers.
    Looks like ample snow storage, so thats cool!

I don't do seasonal prices so can't help there but be careful doing it that way. If you get a heavy snow year, this will be you :eek:

NEWFINISH Junior Member

LOL! That face is funny! How do you price your salt? Have you ever used that calcium chloride stuff? Also I saw your truck that you have listed and it looks like you are a GM man like me. I got a 01 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 and I am definietly considering getting a Boss Straight blade plow by June or July. What size would be the best size to start with? My boy has the same setup on his 00' Ram 2500 his plow is an 8 footer. And what material poly or steel, new or used?
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

For my account I charge $185.00 for salting Lot with 200lbs. of road salt & Walks with 50lbs. of PowerThaw( Calcium & Magnesium Chloride ). I think Boss makes the best plows but look at the V's. They are more versitile and plow as well as straight blade IMO. My 8'2 is right for my truck, probably yours to. Poly vs. steel I don't know about, only ever had steel.

Check out Boss salters as well - ( I like things to match!!:nod:)

I would never buy a used plow, that's just me though. Never know what they have been through and new you get a warrenty.