1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In local blow off your steam...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 19, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hope this goes thru.

scan0001.jpg

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I can understand the whole insured thing, but 3am seems about the right time. How else are we supposed to have all the driveways done by the time the people leave for work.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Wwaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

well i guess he WAS THE GUY.... what a jerk gee 3 am thats just a few hours before he had to go to work and his drive was done .. i bet if he had paid for a service that was in his drive to plow it 5min before he was to leave for work he would not be able to pay the bill. I think he needs a full time plow truck to sit in his drive and wait for the lite to come on before he starts . Everyone wants to be last but not pay for it. I have way to deal with this kind plow them under and watch them from a far ...:nono:

5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Boo Hooo. And I bet if their driveway wasn't cleared by the time they had to leave for work they would cry about that too. Don't you know you have to wait till the storm is over, have everyone cleared by the time they have to access their driveways, make sure it's at a reasonable hour, be picture perfect everytime with no accidents whatsoever, and still be the cheapest? :rolleyes:

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

my wife read that article and said that it sounded like a woman wrote it. :) that is one reason why i dont like to plow residentials.

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I thought it sounded like a women too, but the name Tom made me question myself. Maybe her parents wanted a boy.:jester:

8. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

it might be a guy but its surely his wife bitchin about it:rolleyes:

9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I bet his wife is the one who hit the gate, then blamed it on the plow guy. I dont get what he means about getting the guy to come there after a storm, Either you're on his route or you aren't. Sounds like one of those friend of a friend deals and the guy didnt want to do it in the first place, if it was hard to get him there, or they had to call him every storm. I do agree with the alien invasion part, I've said many times that roaring around in the middle of the night with a junker with no exhaust is ignorant, as is bouncing lights off the bedroom windows unnecessarily.

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We make so much noise in the middle of the night that we actually see our clients neighbors turn on their lights and look out thier windows to see what all the noise is. We bang the tailgates, turn on all of the lights, gun the snowblowers, and we wear reflective vests.

About ten minutes later, we have about 60% more jobs stacked up becuase they figure while we are doing their neighbors house for a few bucks extra we can do theirs! They come out and say "my house is over there, can you do us next?" Rich lazy people don't want to shovel, you make lots of extra cash when you make noise... payup

11. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

I had a few customers like that last year, needless to say they aren't on the list this year. I'd prefer to know that my customers know that i'm out workin in the middle of the night keeping their driveway open. Besides, if they know you are there they can't question how many times you showed up. There's always enough work out there to drop the pain in the a@# customers. No snow plow professional should ever have to put up with that crap, lets leave those customers for the d$%# low ballers!