1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In a slightly smaller scale

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Plow Chaser, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Here is my latest scale model. Yes it really is a model! Enjoy!

Ryan

head on small rez.jpg

2. Plow Chaser

Here's an upclose shot of the snowplow. I built it all by hand using Viking Cives product brochures.

plow close up.jpg

3. Plow Chaser

They only allow for 800x800 pics here and mine are way too large, so I will try this!

left half.jpg

4. Plow Chaser

and the right half!

right half.jpg

5. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

you do some realistic work. Bet quite a few guys would be willing to pay for something half as ncie as your model in detail.

6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Thats amazing! Do you have a career that you can use your incredible talent in? If so, what is it? Or is it ust your hobby? Again, you are very talented.

7. Plow Chaser

Thanks for the compliments. This is just a hobby for me. Hard to believe I live in California where it doesn't even snow. I grew up in Upstate New York and got to see plenty of it. My love of snowplows just happened to follow me out here. But building is my life, I work in construction management. 7 days a week I'm building something... either a bridge or a snowplow! Thanks again for the compliments.

Ryan

8. KUJAWA RSK

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

HI RYAN
    wear do you get the snowplows model's at i look
    for them all the time but i can not find them anywear nice job

9. Plow Chaser

KUJAWA RSK, the snowplow kits I build are AMT/ERTL kits. Most hobby shops will carry them, but if you want the older kits, you will have to go to EBAY. They have a ton of them. Macks, Autocars, Fords, AMT actually made a Ford Louisville Snowplow kit. It was based on a tandem axle snowplow in Iowa. The plow itself is a bit unrealistic, and it had 10 hole aluminum rims on it. How many plows have that! Good luck with your search, I'm sure you can find something good out there!

Ryan

10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Great Work !! Nice attention to detail..:D

11. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Nice weathering! What did you use for the "salt" look? I take it that's 1:35 scale? Again, nice work.

12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

This guy knows his onions. Side boards damaged from loader arms, battery box cover bent from loader bumping it , rear wheel dinged from loader tracks, road film applied in all the right places, I can't tell from my screen but I bet theres even a safety chain on the tailgate release.
    I'd enjoy seeing some more of your work if you have time someday!

13. Plow Chaser

Did someone ask for tailgate chains!!! LOL Thanks a ton for the compliments guys. I've received a lot of positive reaction from the plow. Thanks again for all the compliments. Feel free to email me at rpedone@accessbee.com

pp back.jpg

14. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

THAT IS REALLY COOL !!!!

15. Plow Chaser

Badranman, I actually use real salt to weather the truck. I grind it up real fine and mix it with dull coat laquer and paint thinner. I also use white chaulk. Weathering tends to be the most fun part of building a plow. Sure nice shiney new ones look good, but heck, how many plows look shiney and new for more than 2 days! The truck is actully 1:25th scale. It's the only scale I build in. I like the larger models. Thanks again for your kind words.

Ryan

16. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Next you need to make it radio control so you can sit in your warm easy chair and plow your drive with it.

Nice work!!

17. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK & DON'T FORGET TO SHARE IT WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Crazily, Rediculously Awesome!

19. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

That is cool. Keep on showing pictures off your models.

20. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

hey thats sweet,good job hope to see more in the future...