1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In a quandary

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Sep 11, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As you know,I plow with a truck only. Even though a Ford F250 with Boss v plow is the best you can do,Working on a bid and if I was to get it, would mean getting a loader and push box. Not to big of a deal,problem is, my helper for my landscaping would have to jump in and at least start plowing, Thing is, he never really plowed before, he is a fast learner ,but...:confused:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They have to start somewhere. Is it possible to plow the lots together? Give him all the easy parts while you take care of the detail work.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Teach him and show him your way.

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Put him in the pusher. Better sightlines, used in low risk parts of the lot, simple as a rock to operate, can't really hurt it.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not really I would be covering my other stuff, Good thing is it doesn't need to be started till 830 am.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I guess it all depends on how hard the lot is.
    Sounds like there may be some dry land training. A pusher is pretty easy.