1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

In a Debacle!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by spslandscaping, Sep 9, 2015.

1. spslandscaping

spslandscaping Junior Member

Hey guys, new to the forum, ( love it btw), so if I am posting in the wrong section I apologize! Alright so here is my latest debacle. In the past 2 days I have bought 2 more trucks, so my setup now is...

-2008 F-250 w/Western Ultramount MVP Pro Plus 8.5
    -2004 F-350 SD w/unimount plow frame only
    -2001 F-450 SD Diesel V8 Dump Truck w/10' Western Unimount Stright blade
    -1997 F-250 HD w/8.5 Western Unimount (Backup Truck)

Now if I am correct, my 08 w/ultramount is a "fleet system", which means, if I put any other ultramount on any other truck, I can flip flop blades all day long, correct?

Now, heres the tricky part on what I WANT to do.

- Completely remove everything off the F450.
    - Purchase a brand new Ultramount system w/either the Prodigy or MVP3, install the entire system on the F450, but swamp new blade on 08 and take MVP Pro V and install on the 450.
    -Take Unimount blade off F250 HD, install it on the F350.

So, all I should need to buy is ( 1 complete ultramount plow setup), and wiring controls and isallation module for 350, correct?

Sorry if this gives anyone a headache, its giving me one to.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

As long as all the plowsides are Fleet Fleet. So far, the only you have listed is the MVP plus.
  3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

As long as your ultra mount is a 2 plug system, some ultra mounts are 3 plug.
  4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Older westerns 2002 and 2003 I think were 2 plugs then western switched to a 3 plug system from 2003or 2004 till 2011 I think then they went back to a fleet system 2 plug
    And no blades can't easily be switched between trucks unless all harness are same
  5. LapeerLandscape

I believe as long as it is fleet flex everything is interchangeable. We have our F350 with a western truck side mount, blizzard wiring, blizzard 8611 plow and a fisher xls controller and if I wanted to I could mount my western mvp plus right on there with no mods.
  6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

If u have a 3 plug system how do plug in to the new 2 plug system
  7. LapeerLandscape

I could be wrong but I don't think a 3 plug system is considered fleet flex even though it is an ultra mount.
  8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yes fleet flex can change but I assumed he meant he could switch all his plows
    3 plug is not fleet flex
    Maybe I read op question wrong
  9. 1olddogtwo

Fleet flex is two plug only and will run WO's and MVP plus. Newer straight blades (11/12 ish) that are two plug are Fleet flex. No additional modifications need to be done as long as you have the right controller.

2nd thing to be concerned about is the mount heights on different trucks. It's easier to change on the newer Ultramount towers but still a pain.
  10. 1olddogtwo

I'm curious as to why you bought so many Unimount?

Thanks really old school
  11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi! welcome. yes this is the right place, and yes I follow you.

First part of your plan: yes the MVP+ has been multiplex from the get go, so yes any current Ultramount you get, you can swap plows around. So yes, you can get a Prodigy or MVP3 and those two can be swapped. But yes, if the two trucks are very different in height you may have a little trouble getting them on or off.
    Also note this is assuming that plow is an MVP+ and not the older MVP (not plus). If you have an MVP+ you'd have the cutting edges that curve in the middle where they meet (not the kind with the rubber back behind the gap), and your control would have a little 4 pin connector (not the big 10 pin screw on).
    Then part two of your plan:
    yes the unimount mount on your 04 F350 should be good for any Unimount plow. You didn't mention having wiring on that truck. so if your thinking of moving the wiring from the 97 to the 04, your going to have some differences in headlight harnesses if the headlights are different.