1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Improvised Plowing Devices

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Acmemechanic, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

So Here Is A Seasoned Plow Guy, Who Also Has A Little Fabrication Skills Who Does Not Have A Plow When Snow Hits The Ground. What Is The Fool Gonna Do? First The Easiest Thing He Can Think Of. Ah, Yes, Pallet With a Wide Board Attached. Sur...e Does Push Snow Pretty Good Right, Try and Move Piles Though And Cover Your Face Its A Hail Of Three To Six Inch Toothpicks. That Old Piece Of Ductwork Looks Kinda Handy. Split It In Half Double It Up And Lets Go. Works Pretty Damn Good. I Wonder If The Local Wally Mart Has A Plow Guy Yet ??? Gonna See If I Can Get The Contract. Update To Follow

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

2. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare Member

that sheet metal bucket would be perfect if you could dump it somehow

3. Acmemechanic

It Dumps Alright !!!

Tilt All The Way Forward, Gain Required Speed, Apply Brakes, Fill Again

4. Acmemechanic

Empting Procedure

A few More Photos

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

We can say what we want about this guy......

.....but the lot is clean.

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We see this all the time in our industrial areas. Like you said it seems to work very well in small storms, but anything over 6" and you can get yourself into trouble.

7. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

It is faster than a shovel.

8. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Its funny you mention walmart. At our local walmart, it looks like the guy plowing doesn't have anything but a pickup. 1/4 of the parking lot is filled with snow. Only stacked as high as a pickup could do. The parking lot is big. I figure if we get the normal snow we get half the parking lot will be filled with snow by the end of the year. :confused:

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Maybe this guy could come and stack it for them! :laughing:

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I like his Bling Bling

11. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I can't figure out how the hell he gets any traction. Ever drive a forklift in the snow before? I've gotten our fork lift in trouble more than once in nothing more than what you could leave a footprint in. I've never known them to be anything but horrible in slick stuff.

12. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

x2.... been there done that.... some weight behind that bucket would sure help though

13. EPM

EPM Member

Thats nothing. I worked for a building materials company for four years who made us stack 10ft siding pallets and go plow snow. Wouldnt have been that bad other than we had a 9 acre lot and all the snow had to be stacked at the back of the lot. We'd do this up to about six inches of snow, then we could get the tractor with a box blade and skytrack with a bucket out....

14. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Is that Santa on the forklift??? :laughing:

15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

gets the job done!